He comforts you.

"Come here..." Matty gently pulls me onto his lap. He wrap his arms around me as I put my face on his shoulder sobbing.

"You're going to be okay, I promise.." He coos into my ear.
My body was shaking as I cried and cried my eyes out.

Hearing the sad news of my grandma passing was heartbreaking. I was at concert performing when heard about it. The first thing I did was get a ticket straight home to be with my family. Matty wanting to come, but I told him not to and that he should stay, because he already canceled 5 performances the past 2 weeks due to illness. But of course my wonderful boyfriend came anyways.

I was now at my home with my family. They all all came from different states, it's amazing how hard times can bring a family closer. My room still look the same as it did a month ago.Matty and I were on my bed, I was sitting on his lap as he gently rubbed my back comforting me.
"Do you guys need anything..?" The door was half open. My cousin Hope head pops up. Hope was 5 years older than me. As kids we always played with each other despite the age gap. To this day we still remained close. Her long brown hair was pulled into a bun, she didn't have any makeup on, of course she didn't need any because of her natural beauty. Her brown melancholy eyes glances down at me for a response.
Matty shakes his head then looks down to check if I needed anything. I had already stop crying and was just silent. I couldn't cry anymore.
"Are you hungry...?" He asked. He looks deeply into my eyes to get a message. Nothing. His eyes softens. He pulled me closer with me still on his lap.
"Baby...y-you need to eat something...you haven't eaten the past two days.." He brings his hand up wiping away the left over tears that still remained on my face. I felt numb and empty inside. I didn't want to talk, sleep or even eat anything.
When I still didn't answer he sighs and looks up at my cousin who was now in the room. She steps closer and rubs back then leans down so that she was eye level to me.
"Rose...you have to eat. Please" she spoke low.
I still didn't respond. A few seconds pass, then matty spoke.
"Can you please make her soup? And crackers?" I close my eyes. I wasn't hungry and I wasn't gonna eat anything. Why are people pushing it?
The door close. Hope must have left to make me the soup. I opened my eyes staring at my red fuzzy socks on my feet. Matty shifted me more comfortably and brought me closer. He moved my hair from my face then plants and kiss on my forehead.
"I love you, you know that right?" He says. I nod my head 'yes' . "I don't want you getting sick so I'm going to make you eat. Okay?"
I sigh turning my head away so that my ear wasn't on his chest anymore.

"After that you're going to sleep too." It was more of a command than a question. Who does he think he is? I gave him a look then pushed myself off of him. His arms let go of me, I crawled over to the top of my made bed. It was comfortable. All I wanted now, was to block everything and everyone out.
Matty didn't say anything, I curled up in a ball with my hands in a fist by my chest.

I heard hope walk in carrying a tray. She mumbles something to Matty then sat down the tray.
"Tell me if you need anything else" hope looks at me with sadden eyes. I felt her fingertips brush my hair back and then she left.

A few moments later I felt the bed shift. Matty scooted closer to me. He reached towards the table to grab the bowl of the hot soup. He held it in his hands testing the bottom on it to see just how hot the bowl was. His brown eyes scans my face. Then he spoke.
"C'mon, you need to eat this..."
I shook my head.

"No, you have to. Sit up baby c'mon"
I knew he wouldn't let it go, and so I gave up and sat up. My back pressed against the headboard.
He dip the spoon in the bowl then blew on it so it wouldn't be so hot for me.
"Open up.." The warm liquid tastes actually....pretty good. Carrots, chicken potatoes was in it, and a pinch of pepper added flavor. He dip the spoon in the bowl and blew on it again. I slowly sip it.

It was like that until I finished the whole entire bowl and crackers. I felt a lot better.
Matty Sat back down the empty bowl back on the tray cleaning the crumbs that were scattered on the table everywhere. Even on the floor.
"M-may i have some water p-please...?"
My voice sounded so horrible, it cracked. He looked almost surprise at first finally hearing me talk. Then gave me a small smile "of course"

The glass pressed against my pink lips. I gulp the water all the way down until it was empty.
He sat back down the empty cup. He looks at me a bit more happier than before.

"How you feeling love?"
"Better" I respond.
He smiles, "I'm glad that your feeling better"
I wanted to say so many things to him, but kept it short.
"Thank you...for everything Matty"
He gave me a small smile, then rest his hand on top of mine.
"No problem." He gave me a small squeeze then let's go.