cordelia goode - toxic

my writing is kinda shitty at the start but it gets better I promise 😭

⚠️ CW: talk of abuse

I ran out of the room, slamming the door behind me, causing the walls to shake.
  "Y/n, you don't understand!"
I ignored it. I kept running down the hall. He was running behind me. I flung open the front door and ran down the porch steps. I stopped and turned around. He was standing in the front doorway, the sun glinting off the tear stains down his cheeks. I turned back and ran onto the driveway, and then onto a dirt road. I stopped running. I walked over to a little pond and sat down under a tree, resting my back against the rough bark that covered the trunk.

Why? I asked myself.

Why did I do it? Fresh tears fell down my face, landing on the brown leaves below me.
Y/n, you don't understand.

The words echoes through my mind, over and over again. How many people have yelled that out to me as I ran away from them?

Too many.

I heard light footsteps behind me.

"Y/n, you need to stop running." I wiped my eyes and turned around. It was Cordelia. She walked over and sat down on the leaf covered ground next to me.
"What happened this time?" Her gentleness made me burst into a fresh set of tears.

"I-I don't know," I said.

"Don't say that to me, y/n. Something happened to set you off again like this. You've been so good lately," she said. I wiped my face and tried again.

  "We had another argument. Again. I don't even remember what it was about. Some pathetic bullshit," I spat. "I told him to fuck off and he pushed me into the wall and I hit my head and so I hit him as hard as I could and ran off. It was his fucking fault," I mumbled the last part. I looked at Cordelia. She had her eyes closed and looked very tired. She had bags under her eyes, her lips were chapped, and her skin had lost its usual shine.

  "Y/n, you need to get out of this relationship," she sighed. "You know that I don't like him. No one likes him. Misty doesn't like him, Zoe doesn't like him, Myrtle doesn't like him, not even Maddison likes him. That should tell you something," she reached out her hand and rubbed my back in small, gentle circles. 

  "I know. It's a toxic relationship and we both manipulate and abuse each other. I don't even know why we're still together," I said as I wiped my eyes again.

  "I don't want to tell you what to do, but I think you already know. It is a toxic relationship and I think that you need to end it. You're so much better than him and you deserve someone better, someone that you don't fight with every five seconds. It's not healthy sweetheart. It's not good for you physically, emotionally or mentally."

  I nodded and sat there in silence. Cordelia slipped her hand into mine and i leant my head on her shoulder. "I love you," she whispered against the top of my head, her voice muffled slightly against my hair. She whispered it at such a low volume it was barely audible. "I love you too," I whispered as I pulled away from her shoulder and sat up, looking directly into her eyes. "I think I love love you," I held onto her hand a little tighter, scared that she would leave me after hearing my confession. She just gazed back into my eyes, and I looked for any trace of disgust, or anger, but I found none. I only saw her dark brown eyes, full of love and adoration, changed from the tired, dull ones I saw just a few minutes earlier.

  "I think I love love you too," she whispered, this time a little louder, with more confidence. A small smile stretched across her face, immediately mirrored by myself. I brought my free hand up to caress her cheek, still gazing into her chocolate-brown orbs. She closed her eyes, leaning her head into my touch, and as if on autopilot, she leaned in towards me. I closed my eyes and leaned in, our lips meeting in a gentle brush. I could sense her opening her eyes as she pulled back slightly, before pressing her lips against mine again. Her soft, plump lips wrapped around my bottom lip, and mine around her top.  I opened my eyes as she placed her hand on the back of my neck, pulling me in just a little further. We simultaneously pulled away, gazing into each other's eyes, hers glazed over with tears. "Don't cry," I whispered and ran my thumb over her cheekbone. "I've been waiting for this for so long," she whispered as the first tear built up and spilled over her cheek.

A/N: I didn't know how to end this so you're just gonna have to be satisfied with this 😌
Sorry for only updating like once every three months, I have honestly started so many one shots and stuff but I never know how to end them, so they're just sitting in my drafts.
Also would anyone be interested in doing a collab story?