Coming out

Cw warnings for homophobia and the term queer being used in a derogatory way.
--------------------------------------------
It was an average Friday, sunny and warm. But to Remus? This Friday was terrifying.

Remus was around 24 at the time he finally came to accept he was gay, although he wasn't sure about everyone else.

He knew Roman and Raisa were gay, Roman had eyes for anxiety and Raisa was swooning over Li Fa still. Remus though? He wasn't out. He wasn't sure he ever would be.

But here he was, standing in front of his parents about to tell them something that might change their perspective of him.

He was snapped back into his thoughts when his mother spoke up. "So Liebe, what was it you needed to tell us?"

Remus was terrified, he wasn't sure he could speak. "Uh..mom, dad i'm uh...." he stared into his mom's green eyes that were filled with anticipation, then into his dad's which were filled with curiousity.

"I'm..uh.. I'm gay." Remus closed his eyes, he was terrifed, he couldn't believe he told them.

When he opened his eyes he was surprised to see his mom was walking up to him to embrace him (which he happily did).

When she let go he noticed she was crying. "Remus, my baby, I'm so happy you had the courage to tell us something like that, something I never had." 

Rhea was cupping Remus' face, tears going down her cheeks. She hugged her son again, this time she squeezed him real tight.

"Mom?" Remus spoke up. Rhea let him go and looked him in the eye.

"What did you mean something you never had?" Rhea smiled and Randall pulled out a book.

"Come sit down, Liebe." She sat next to her husband and signaled for Remus to do the same. When they were all situated Randall opened the book and flipped to a page with a news article. When he read the headline he was surprised to see it was about his mom!

"BREAKING NEWS: The next heir to the throne, Rhea Kingsley, has been discovered to be a queer! What does this mean for the kingdom? Civilians say; "it will affect the kingdom greatly! Have you ever heard of a kingdom with two queens? It doesn't work!" The queen says; "it will affect nothing. My daughter being a queer will affect nothing in this kingdom and all will be the same. What some of you civilians need to do is shut the hell up and grow up. This isn't the damn 1860s."

Remus stared in shock. His mom was LGBTQ+?

"You're..gay?" Remus stared at his mom in disbelief. "Well technically i'm bi, i dated a girl in college then i met your dad." She smiled and held Remus' hand.

This Friday was one to remember.

-------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed! Feedback is appreciated and i hope you all have a great day!

Word count:487