❛𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘮𝘴❜ 𝘬.𝘸

note: alma and kit were never married:)
. • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

it was dark, you hadn't seen the light of day in what felt like an eternity. the faint sound of screaming was the only thing you could hear from your cell in solitary. it was cold and uncomfortable in the cell. the screaming suddenly got louder as you realised they were bringing someone to solitary. the voice was unfamiliar, you assumed it was that 'bloody face' killer you'd heard about from sister mary eunice when she would bring you food. mary eunice was always kind to you, or as kind as she could be, and would tell you about new people at briarcliff. you'd been in solitary most of your time here due to you attacking dr arden a few weeks after your arrival, as well as spitting on sister jude a few times. bitch deserved it. though you'd made company the times you weren't in solitary, like grace and pepper.

"let go of me!" the screaming was very loud as the door to the cells opened. you walked up to the door, looking through the small peeking hole to see who they had brought in. the man was a fighter that's for sure.
they put the man in the cell directly across from yours before leaving, causing the man to yell for them.

"they're not coming back." your voice was raspy from not talking for so long and your throat burned as the words came out. your hand went up to rub your throat as if it would help any.

"who are you?" the man spoke, as he noticed you through the door.
"my name isn't important." your eyes met his as you both stared at each other.

the man scoffed, "everyone's name is important."
you cracked a smile, "well what's your name then?"

"kit," he spoke after a moment, "kit walker."

you had to admit, his accent was very pleasing to your ears but you couldn't tell if that was just because you hadn't heard anything besides screaming recently or if this mans voice was just really attractive. probably both.

"i'm y/n, pleasure to meet you kit walker." you smiled towards him, not sure if he could even see it.

"do you got a last name?" he asked, you nodded which, surprisingly, he saw, "may I know it?"
you paused for a moment.

"l/n."

"y/n l/n.." the way he spoke your name brought butterflies to your stomach, "pretty name for a pretty girl." you laughed.
"you don't even know what I look like."

"you're voice sounds pretty, so you just have to be stunning."
"do you flirt like this with every girl you meet?"
kit laughed, "no, not usually."

. • . ° .• °:. * ° .

you'd both been in solitary for a few days, mary eunice came by to give you both food but didn't talk to you. you figured it's because kit was there.

"i'm curious." you spoke after you'd finished eating.

"about?" kit responded, his voice was muffled so you assumed he was stuffing his face with his dinner.
"why are you here?"
"I punched some guy in the commo-"
"no, I mean at briarcliff,"

kit paused. what if you didn't believe him? what if you think he killed those women?

"they say I killed, skinned, and decapitated some women." his voice was quieter than usual and you could barely hear him but you did.

"did you?" you asked, you hoped he didn't.
"no, I don't think I did."
"you don't think you did? you're not sure?" you heard kit sigh,
"the people here, they're putting it in my head that I did. I don't think it's something I would do," he spoke desperately, "you've gotta believe that I didn't do it, y/n, please."

you thought for a moment. you didn't believe someone like kit would do such a horrific crime.
"I believe you, kit."

. • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ . . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ .