❛𝘩𝘶𝘴𝘣𝘢𝘯𝘥❜ 𝘫.𝘱.𝘮

. • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ . . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ .

"darling, come back," the sound of my husbands voice echoed through the long hallway as I continued my way towards the elevator, "you're making a mistake!"
my legs abruptly stopped. a scoff left my lips, "i'm making a mistake? is that really what you think?" I spat as I turned to face the man I called my lover. I shook my head, "the only mistake i've made is marrying you."

the cocky look he held on his face twisted into one of shock. I had never talked back to my husband, but this was the last time he would treat me this way. I watched as his right eye twitched in what I could only assume was anger.
"what did you say?"
"I said, the only mistake i've made is marrying a man like you."

I watched as his hand raised up before slamming down to my face. my eyes closed as I braced myself for the pain that was to come. my husband had hit me a few times throughout our marriage, not often, but it had happened. the sound of his palm hitting my cheek filled the large hallway, seemingly loud compared to the quiet of the hotel.

"if you're done acting like a child we can go back to our room." my husband turned back towards the direction of our room with me following behind. as we approached our room, numbered 64, I felt the tension in the air grow thicker.

I had made up my mind.

as we entered room 64, my husband began taking his clothes off, leaving him in his underwear, before he climbed into bed. he looked over towards me as I sat down in a chair across the room with a book in hand.

"come to bed, love." his voice filled the quiet air.
"I'm going to read for a while, i'll be there soon." I heard my husband sigh and mutter a 'whatever' before turning onto his side and falling asleep. he had always been a deep sleeper.

I stood up after around ten minutes of reading, grabbing a decorative pillow from the chair next to me. I hesitated for a moment before walking over to my husband as he slept on the bed. standing over him, i weighed my options.

if I killed him, he would never hurt me again, but I would surely go to prison.
if I didn't kill him, he would most likely hurt me again, or worse.

I closed my eyes for a moment before opening them once more as my breath stuttered. I moved the pillow over his face with as much force and strength as I could, beginning to suffocate him. obviously this wasn't what I had planned to do today, so he easily managed to push my off of him after a minute or so.
my body fell towards the ground causing me to hit the hard floor under me. I quickly recovered and ran towards my bag where I kept a hunting knife, purely for self defense, and grabbed it. my husband was closer than expected and wrapped his arms around my neck, cutting off my air supply. I struggled for a moment before I lifted the knife to his arms and dug the knife into his bicep. the scream he let out caused a rush of adrenaline to hit me, it sounded so sweet. a wicked grin hit my face as I got out of his hold and turned around to face the bastard.

he held the wound tightly, trying to stop the bleeding, but it was useless as I ran towards him and began stabbing him. I stabbed at his arms and chest, as well as his neck, stabbing over and over again. his body fell to the floor, but I just kept going. the anger inside me was being released at an alarming rate as I kept plunging the knife into his body. his stupid, stupid body.

"I think he's dead by how, dear." an unfamiliar voice filled the room, shocking me as I turned to face the man I hadn't heard come in. the man was dressed in an expensive looking suit, his hair was neatly styled, he looked straight out of the 1920's.
my eyes widened as I looked towards the man, only then realizing what I was doing. there was blood covering my clothes and skin as well as the floor and surrounding furniture, it looked like a crime scene. probably because it was.

the man held a smile as he watched me, "we should get the body off the property," his accent did things to me, "that is; if you don't want to see him again." I nodded, I never wanted to see him again. the man's smile widened.

. • . ° .• °:. * ° . .

it had been a few months since the murder of my husband, and I had been living in the hotel with the man I had met that fateful day. I had learned his name was james march, and he was the dead owner of the hotel.

music filled the room as james held me in his arms, swaying us to the beat of the song. one of his hands held mine as his other arm wrapped securely around my waist, his grip tight as if he thought i'd disappear. my head was rested against his shoulder with his laying on mine. it felt good to be close to him.

. • . ° .• °:. * ° . . . • . ° .• °:. * ° . .
not sure if I like this one but james 🤭