Vance, it's okay.

VANCE
I slapped my hand onto my mouth. My eyes widened, what the hell is wrong with me. My leg began to bounce, shit. This wasn't how it was supposed to go. Time felt frozen, like it was just me and my thoughts but it wasn't. I watched as Bruce looked down to his menu. I couldn't help myself, "Shit! I'm so sorry Bruce I didn't mean to say that." Some people looked at me but that didn't matter, what mattered was that Bruce didn't run away from me like everyone else. He was the only person I had, the only true person even if we only hung out today we did get along pretty well.
I watched his eyes, where they went, I watched how he breathed, he looked panicked. He finally looked up meeting my gaze so I looked down. I could hear him sigh, "Vance, its okay, and yes. I do." I looked up, I didn't expect him to be so calm about it, most people just go running out because they found out about me, about what I am...but Bruce didn't, Bruce stayed. I smiled at him and he smiled back, "Well, do you?" He asked me giggling, "Yeah, yeah I do" I joined in on him giggling. Soon, the waiter got here with our food and we thanked her. We took a couple of bites, then talked, then another few bites then talked until all the food was gone. Bruce nearly cried a couple of times because of how hard we were laughing. I had to admit, I haven't laughed like that in a long, long time and I missed it.
Bruce and I split the check than walked over to his house. Unfortunately the Yamada's weren't to fond of me because of the last interaction I had with Bruce so I had to sneak through the window. Bruce finally let me in and I jumped from the tree to the window easily enough. For a while we listened to music and talked, it was great having someone to talk to. As the music continued to play we began to stop talking, we faced each other and admired each others faces, his face looked smooth, his eyes were beautiful, his lips were a nice rosy tint. He had great hair, like super great hair. Unfortunately, it had to end when Bruce's mother called for him from downstairs. We both snapped out of our thoughts and he told me to stay there while he went to see what his mother wanted.
I looked around his room and admired all the posters and vinyls he had hanging around. He had multiple photos of him as a child so I looked at them, just a quick glance though. He finally came back and we went back to talking. The record was finally done playing so Bruce got up and switched it. As he came to sit by me I blurted out..."Thank you." I looked at him and he looked at me confused. "For what?" He grinned, "For making me feel like somebody. You're the only person who has made me laugh like that in months, so thank you." I felt the tears begin to tickle my eyes. I quickly looked down before he noticed but he noticed anyways. He got up from where he was sitting and moved closer to me pulling me into a hug. I wasn't to fond of physical touch but with Bruce it was different, he made me feel safe and warm. I hugged him back of course, unfortunately some tears began to roll down my cheeks but I didn't care. Bruce wouldn't make fun of me for crying like the others would, Bruce was caring, he cared for me. He began to hug me tighter as soon as he heard me began to sniffle because of the tears. "Shh, it's okay." His words comforted me, I finally felt like someone. I finally felt that someone cared for me and I finally cared for someone. Bruce was who I cared for, Bruce was the one, the one I truly loved. I figured it out, I truly liked Bruce. I had always caught myself glancing at him and wanting to talk to him but didn't want to seem soft. My eyes began to get heavy, before I knew it, I had fallen asleep on Bruce.

——————
words: 745
I think I did a good job on this chapter wow!