Chapter 4 pt 2: Running & Recovery

(Quick Recap of Chapter 4 pt 1)

Once everything was away I rushed to the door and opened it to see a royal guard. “Y/n you have been sentenced to 2 years community service to be preformed every other day under the supervision of the Mane 6. If any of the previously stated demands aren’t met you will face life of imprisonment or banishment."

I stood there in shocked, and horrified by this news as the guard continued, "Once the 2 years end you will see Princess Celestia and Princess Luna who along with the Mane 6 will decide if your punishment will be extended or not.” He droned on for a bit more before handing me a scroll with all the details and leaving.

I absent-mindedly held the scroll with my magic and closed the door in a state of shock, and disbelief. 2 WHOLE YEARS that insane. I have no idea what that's even entail. Who even thought of this punishment. He said the Mane 6 were involved but they wouldn't…. Would they? No I mustn't  think like that.

My friends would never betray me.

They're my friends.

They get it, they must understand it wasn't my fault.

I had to. It wasn't my choice. He used me.

They must get it……. Right?

(Okay recap over I won't normally do them but it's been a good while so I think yall could use a quick refresher if you don't wanna go back to Chapter 4 pt. 1)

I pondered for hours one what I should do. I felt a small part of me tug back to the Crystal Empire. Begging and screaming for me to go back. Arguing with words that felt both so clear and concise but also blurry and unclear. I just tried to push that part as far down as I could.

I thought over everything. Especially my chances of ever being relieved of my public service duties. And then I remembered that doing that plus working would be a nightmare. If I even have a job anymore. My job was to organize all the official documents for Ponyville and it was also to help Twilight with her duties… It wasn't to much work but with all the events that occurred as of late work was starting to pile up.

I sighed realizing there was quite simply no other option than to just do the community service. And hope that eventually people will understand my side of the story. I went around my house to properly put all my stuff away and then headed out to grab a sandwich.

~~Small Time Skip To Y/n in Ponyville~~

As I walked through Ponyville to the small Cafe I adored I felt all the dirty glares and heard the whispers of what I had done. I could feel my ears and head start to droop. "You did this to yourself, you deserve this, you deserve to suffer" I thought as I kept walking, "You owe them all for what you've done" I mumbled to myself as I quickened my pace hoping it would make it all end faster.

"YOU DOOMED EVERYONE IN THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE YOU SELFISH JACKASS" Someone in the crowd of people screamed at me. I felt tears burn at my eyes as I begged for forgiveness "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to I promise. He mani-"

*THWACK* a book was sent hurling and hit me square in the face. Which threw my off balance and caused me to fall accident hitting somepony as I did. "Oh my goodness I'm so so sor-" my apology was interrupted with a swift kick to the same spot the book hit me. I whimpered from the pain immediately looking up to see it was my frie- well now ex friend Cherry Blossom, who quickly played it off as a accident "Whoopsies I didn't see you there" she said in a icy cold tone whike glaring at me in a way that immediately reminded me it was no accident. I quickly started pushing myself up and galloping to the Cafe.

After finally making it there I stopped and took some deep breaths to regain my composure. "Ohh my poor sweet pet, who dared to harm what's mine, I'll deal with them myself if I must" a eerie all to familiar voice said. I gasped immediately looking around for where he was. Which earned me a amused chuckle "I'm not there with you pet, I'm talking in your head sweet little thing" he said in a borderline mocking tone. 

I froze in terror. I couldn't believe it. I panicked trying to figure out what to do when my stomach growled loudly. "Go eat pet you can worry later" King Sombra said in a what had to be a fake worried tone. "How dare he pretend to care about me the-", "I said go. eat. pet." He said in a harsher tone to show his word was final. I huffed mumbling "what a jerk" before walking in the Cafe.

I quickly rushed up to the counter thanking Celestia there was no line and then ordering a cucumber and hay sandwhich, as well as a vanilla yogurt parfait with Oats and strawberries. I forced myself to ignore the look of pure pity and fear in the cashiers eyes. I paid, quietly waited in a corner for my food, and then once it was completed I sat down and began to eat. Wincing as my hoof brushed against my face where it'd later be revealed to me I had a massive bruise from the "accidents" that occurred on my way here.

It was also unbeknownst to me that while Sombra had mindlinked with me my eyes had ever so slightly begun to have the same purple shadow that I had seen around Simbras eyes while he was in his shadow form had appeared. As well as the tips of my coat specifically around my cutie mark- had a vague grayish tint to them now.

As I chewed I pondered why Sombra had decided to invade my mind. "That's King Sombra to you pet." King Sombra the ever so humble interjected. I huffed in annoyance and continued eating whike pondering.

Little did I know I'd have a chance to ask him face to face in the relatively near future.

A/n Hihi everyone. I'm so so so sorry this took me so long and I sincerely hope the wait was worth it. I'm working to motivate myself to write again and while it took some work I managed to write this. I've been just getting back into regressing as well as working on my mental health. I deeply apologize that this is so short. I'll hopefully be able to write a longer chapter 5 soon. Have a fabulous day/night!! ❤️