i failed again, tried my best

𝖜𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗

-: ✧ :-  -: ✧ :-

george, embarrassingly, is late for school.

because of the late night, he'd slept in. it was no issue, as it was his first ever late, so the receptionist wasn't too angry, but it definitely threw him off to be walking into school at the start of lunch.

he moves quickly at his locker, haphazardly shoving his bag in and pulling out the breakfast bar that he'd grabbed in a rush.

he makes a beeline to the school field, taking a deep breath before walking over to all the footballers. his nerves are through the roof and he just prays that dream's told them not to hurt him anymore. regardless, he holds his head high, walking over and hiding his fear.

he makes eye contact with punz as he walks over, who nudges sapnap. the ravenette's eyes meet george's and his brows drop, almost like a frown, but not quite. george thinks it looks closer to a glare.

george swallows back the urge to go back, taking the last few steps before reaching out and tapping dream's shoulder.

the blond quickly turns, looking surprised when he sees george, but his face quickly changes to a kind smile.

"can i talk to you?" george asks.

a few of dream's friends laugh to themselves, one boy turning to face away as he giggles, earning himself a slap from another. dream, on the other hand, grins, "yeah, of course," he says. he turns back to his friends, "i'll be right back guys," he says before gesturing for george to follow him as they walk.

george follows dream around the field to where they edge against the woods, stepping out of sight of the crowds of people at the school. "what's up?" dream asks.

"were your friends laughing at me?" george asks, insecurity getting the best of him as his right arm crosses over his stomach, holding onto the left.

"no, no of course not," dream denies, shaking his head. he pulls george in, holding him close. "they were laughing at me," he says, "they were taking the piss because i was just talking about you before you came over," he explains.

"you were talking about me?" george asks, face hidden in dream's shirt.

"yeah, of course i was baby," dream says proudly, pulling out of the embrace just slightly so he could look down at the brunette. "now, what did you want to talk about, hun?"

george wants to lay on the floor and scream out of the pure joy that the pet names bring him, but he pushes the feeling down as he tries to act natural. "i was going to ask if i could invite karl and foolish to the party tonight?"

dream pouts, "i don't think so," he speaks apologetically. "it's punz's party, so i can't really say yes anyway, but even if i could i'm pretty sure he's already invited the maximum number of people he's allowed over," dream explained. "he had to uninvite someone so that i could bring you."

"oh okay, that's fine, i get it," george says with a smile.

"i'll pick you up at seven, yeah?" dream asks. george nods. "sorry, i would stay and talk longer but we're about to get ready for football practice, but it's okay cause i'll see you tonight," he smiles.