hope that they don't see my face

𝖜𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗

-: ✧ :-  -: ✧ :-

the memories hit george like a train.

he tries to cry silently but he can't. every thought hurts more than the last and he just wants it to stop. sapnap, who had been asleep with his head down on his desk, bent over on his chair, stirs awake to the sound of george crying.

he shoots up as soon as he sees the brunette's state, rushing over to the side of the bed. he holds a hand out to george which the brunette shies away from. "how can i help?" sapnap asks desperately, "please, george, tell me what i can do," he practically begs.

george shakes his head against sapnap's pillow, hiding his face in the soft material to avoid the ravenette's gaze.

sapnap slumps to the floor by his bed, keeping his hand up on the mattress.

"i'm right here george," he assures quietly, calmly, but loud enough that the brit would definitely hear it. "as soon as you need me, just say."

sapnap falls silent, sitting and listening to george's pained sobs and wincing over any that are particularly harsh. he loses track of how long he sits there, but he is consciously aware of both the sun rising and the horrible pain that shoots up his back every time he shifts.

he leans his head on the mattress after some time, because his neck begins to ache, and it's around then that he feels the faintest touch grazing his hand.

he lifts his head up to see george, now significantly calmer but still crying, ever so slightly reaching out to the offered hand, one finger stretched and sitting against the side of sapnap's palm. george meets sapnap's eye contact with an unsure expression.

sapnap smiles warmly as he nods.

george reaches out, cupping his hand over the ravenettes.

"i'm sorry," sapnap whispers again, his heart hanging in his chest every time he thinks about what happened.

george shakes his head, not responding verbally.

the brit's gaze darts over to the open curtains, staring out at the sun as it sits just above the houses across the street.

"we should skip," sapnap suggests, "you can stay here as long as you want, or i can drive you home, or we can walk if you'd prefer that," he offers, "but i don't think school would be best right now."

"no," george declines, "i want to see my friends," he speaks sadly, grip unintentionally tightening on sapnap's hand as his eyes start to burn with more tears, "i need my friends. please."

"okay, okay," sapnap mutters, running his thumb on the back of george's hand, "we'll get your friends, don't worry. you're okay."

george nods, sniffling.

sapnap moves to stand, and george holds tighter onto his hand. "please don't leave me," george speaks sadly, eyes wide with fear, "not alone."