i'm not scared there's nothing to run from

𝖜𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗

-: ✧ :-  -: ✧ :-

with his stomach pains, vomiting, migraines, and general fear, it took george a few days to work himself up to go back to school again.

his heart was beating stupidly fast the whole time he was getting ready, hands shaking as he tried to tie the laces on his air forces. (he'd decided against his vans.)

he'd been reluctant to get out of bed and didn't leave himself enough time for breakfast, so george settles on grabbing a quick cereal bar on his way out of the house. he unwraps it as he makes his way down his driveway. for a moment, he is surprised to see sapnap's car parked outside his house, but then he remembers that they'd planned for the ravenette to drive him.

george makes his way over to the car, pulling the door open and consequently shifting sapnap's attention off of his phone. he looks up at the brit with a smile, "hey george."

"hi," he replies, clambering into the car and taking a bite from his cereal bar.

"how are you feeling?" sapnap asks as he starts up the car, still looking at george.

"fine," george shrugs, "i'm a little anxious but i guess that's sort of expected."

sapnap nods understandingly, gaze diverting as he pulls out onto the road and starts in the direction of their school. "you'll be okay," he assures. "you've got me and the other two, we won't let anything happen," he promises.

george smiles, muttering an honest, "i know," before taking another bite out of his breakfast. they fall quiet as george eats, nothing but the sound of sapnap's music floating in the space around them.

george had never been a fan of country music, but he supposes it's okay when sapnap's playing it.

it isn't long before they're pulling up outside the school, and george's leg is bouncing quickly as he stares through the windshield at the large building. sapnap switches off the car, and the sound of the music and the engine fall to a stop, leaving them in silence.

sapnap doesn't talk, and george assumes that the ravenette is keeping quiet so george has some time to mentally prepare himself.

the brunette sighs deeply, pressing his eyes shut for a short moment before reaching down to undo his seatbelt. "alright, let's do this," he speaks confidently, completely countering the terrified feeling coursing through him.

as soon as george's hand meets the doorhandle, moments away from pushing it open, sapnap speaks behind him.

"george," he says a little urgently, causing the brit to look back with a confused expression. sapnap clears his throat, surprised by his own tone. "i uh- there's something i should probably tell you," he starts, his right hand moving to scratch along the back of his left forearm, "like, before we go in, just so it isn't a surprise or like, you hear about it from someone else first."

"what is it?" george asked worriedly, hand dropping from the door as he turned to fully face sapnap. his eyebrows are pulled together in concern as he waits.