Bakugo

OK, I'm going to be completely honest... I used to really, really hate this guy. And I had valid reasons. He was a selfish, egotistical brat.

But now, I'll admit it... I like him. I don't like how Horikoshi is treating his character, but I really do see Bakugo's potential as an antagonist and deuteragonist. He's decently well written, and I do think that someplace inside of him, he has a sense of morality, even if it isn't the one I have.

For instance, he saved Izuku, which is a pretty big change from where he was perfectly fine with killing him. He's had development, but I do think that he still needs some work.

I like that guy, a lot. But I will always love fanon/headcanon/aged up Bakugo more than the younger, ruder, and Canon one.

Oh, and also, he DID go through a lot of stuff. Yes, he had a perfectly good childhood, but at UA he's gone through a lot of trauma.

BTW, in NO WAY am I trying to excuse how he treated Izuku. I'm just saying that, similar to Endeavor, I do think that he's capable of a big change and that everything's perfectly set up to turn him into a good person.

Horikoshi's waiting on this one for whatever reason. like come on, where's my angsty bakugo redemption arc where he thinks for the first time ever, "I was fucked up back then but now I'm better"? I won't accept his apology until we see him committing to it long term.

also, i think that bakugo has wayy too much plot armor. it might just be because i like my things realistic when it comes to action, but realistically, that heart thing edgeshot pulled is nowhere NEAR possible. that isn't even edgeshots quirk. oh, and I haven't read the manga so I don't know what's really going on. but spoiler alert..

bakugo has multiple quirks and he's tapped into the 2nd user? not only that, but a 16 year old boy also managed to scare shigafo?

gtfo of here. izukus the protagonist, ffs. so just tone it down! yes, I do believe bakugos a spoiled brat but a good character... but this is just too much for me to take!

edit: i have changed my opinion and think that he's a lot better! i Still dislike the fact that he has so much plot armor, and i think that whole bakugo death thing was unneeded and super unnecessary. it came out of nowhere and was not a good choice on kohei's part. but i respect him and think that he's a good mangaka, and im grateful towards him.

i think that bakugo receives a lot of undeserved hatred. and after finding out new things about him, i really like his design and think that he is legitimately a good dude! he should manage his anger though.