Part 3

You couldn't sleep at all the entire night.

You merely laid on your bed, staring up at the ceiling of your room. Thoughts rushed through your mind, like "Why did I say that?!" and "I'm such an idiot!" You couldn't take back any of it now; knowing Risa, she would take your word as final and refuse to let you chicken out of it. You groaned and rolled onto your side, anxious at the very thought of pulling the wool over the council's eyes.

"Maybe she'll forget about it," you murmured to yourself, trying to find some solace and hope that Risa would change her mind. "Maybe."

*

The next morning, you dragged yourself out of bed to the kitchen for breakfast. Risa sat at the table with Ichiro, probably explaining to him about what happened last night. At your entrance, he looked up at you, his dark green eyes full of concern.

"Are you sure about this, [Name]?" he asked in a grave voice, looking up at you skeptically. You glanced at Risa, hating the look of sureness on her face.

Clenching and then releasing your fists at your side, you took a deep breath and nodded silently a moment later. Risa smirked and crossed her arms across her chest, letting out a loud whoop.

"It's Risa," she corrected your brother, looking up at you from the corner of her eye. You scowled as Ichiro sighed, and Risa continued to say, "I'm [Name], and this is my older sister Risa."

"Don't you think they'll be able to tell I'm not Risa [Surname]?" you said darkly, already jumping to worst case scenarios. Risa rolled her eyes, while Ichiro shrugged it off and went back to eating his cereal.

"We could be twins, relax," she said nonchalantly. Now, you rolled your eyes at her.

"How's about, my hair is way longer than yours?"

"How's about, you could just say you got extensions? Or, if you're really worried, just chop it all off?" She sneered as you scowled again.

"Shut up." She shrugged and pushed her chair away from the table, dusting her hands off and getting to her feet.

"Suit yourself. It was your call anyway."