Part 18

*Temari's P.O.V*

"Gaara, are you sure about this?" I exclaim as we make our way back to the village.

"Oh, I'm sure," says Gaara, his voice cold and stubborn. I exchange looks with Kankuro, who nods at me and leaps ahead of Gaara.

"Stop." He holds Gaara from continuing any further. Gaara snarls at him.

"Get out of my way, Kankuro!" I leap forward to help Kankuro, and Gaara glares at the both of us.

"Look, Gaara..." Kankuro puts his hands on Gaara's shoulders. "I get it, you feel betrayed that [Name] lied to you about her identity all this time. You trusted her with everything, and she was lying to you this whole time. But seriously, Gaara? Look at you. All it's taken is this one little mishap to turn you back to the old Gaara. Cold. Heartless. Hateful. Can we just forget about the fact that maybe[Name] gave you the wrong name? Can we just remember the fact that this is [Name]? [Name], the girl who you couldn't stop talking about after your first couple of dates. [Name], the one who made you so happy every time you came back home and talked about her all night at the dinner table. [Name], the girl that you love."

That was deep.

Kankuro looks at Gaara, who looks away.

"Please, Gaara. We have to go get her. You have to go get her." I grimace at Gaara.

"He's right, Gaara," I say. "[Name] is an amazing girl. You don't get one like her every ten years." Gaara shakes Kankuro off.

"I need to get back to the village and... deal with some things." He's off before Kankuro or I can say anything.

"Gaara!" I call. Kankuro puts a hand on my shoulder, and I look at him, anguished.

"He'll come around eventually. But we should go ahead and help Risa and her brother, don't you think?" I nod.

"Right!" I look back just in case Gaara's changed his mind. Nope. Looks like it's all up to fate for that boy.

*Risa P.O.V*

A blonde man stands waiting just as Ichiro and I land on steady ground. I pull out a kunai, and glare at him.

"Why hello, [Name]-chan!" he says cheerfully, waving. "Here to see your sister, I presume?" I snarl and make to lunge at him, but Ichiro holds me back.

"You bastard! What have you done with her?!" I yell, fury beginning to boil. He waves me away.

"Nothing for you to worry about, dear, we're just settling a score with her. I'm sure you Sand shinobi would understand, right?" He nods at Ichiro, who scowls.

"Tell me where she is or I'll kill you!" I shout, brandishing my kunai threateningly. He titters.

"My, my, [Name]-chan, you're just as bright as your sister, aren't you?" he says lightly. "We learnt our lesson the first time. We're not so stupid as to repeat our mistakes." I snarl at him, and try to rip away from Ichiro, who's struggling to hold on to me.

"WHERE IS SHE?!?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?!" I scream. The blonde guy puts his hand in the air.

"Ah. I see." He looks at me, his annoying smile plastered across his face. "Well, you see [Name]-chan, I fear that you've just missed your sister. She's long gone."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! WHERE IS SHE?!" I tear away from Ichiro and jump at the blonde, screaming.

"SCORCH RELEASE: EXTREMELY STEAMING MURDER JUTSU!" As the orbs begin to form, I look back at Ichiro.

"ICHIRO! GET THE KAZEKAGE'S ASS HERE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!" I scream. "GO!"