Part 26

[time skip ^o^]

A month has passed since your kidnap and return to Suna, and now, you anxiously sat at your dressing table, ready for your big day.

Your [colour] hair had been French braided, with intricate little white lilies laced into it. You wore a strapless, simple white gown, which fell right down to your designer high heel clad feet. The dress had a chest and sleeves of white lace covering your arms. It extended to the tips of your fingers, absolutely covering your arms from the chest down. A simple yet opulent diamond necklace sat perched on your nervously rising and falling chest, shimmering in the pale light of the room. On your head, you wore an elaborate silver diamond encrusted tiara, its centerpiece being a diamond similar to the size of a golf ball right in the middle of it. There's a knock on the door, and you turn around in your seat.

Ichiro is smiling at you, all dressed up in his wedding suit and holding a bouquet of flowers. He extends an arm and beckons for you to come forward.

"It's time, [Name]." As you walk towards him, your steps are uneasy, and all of a sudden you seem to have forgotten how to walk. You breathe heavily as you take Ichiro's arm, and he grins, handing you the flowers.

"Relax, [Name], you'll be fine," he says, slowly leading you down the hallway. There'd been much hassle before you and Gaara had been able to announce to the village that you planned on getting married. Comments like "oh, he's two years older than her! The nerve!" and "the Kazekage's marrying her?" had of course, made you unsteady about the whole thing, and if it wasn't for Gaara's intervention, you doubted there would've been a wedding in the first place. You struggle to breathe properly.

"It doesn't ... feel like it," you wheeze, trying to catch your breath. The closer and closer you two get to door leading to the altar outside, the more and more reluctant you are to go ahead with everything.

Finally, you and Ichiro stand before the closed doors that lead out into the vast garden, where probably thousands of the village's inhabitants would be surrounding, waiting and watching for their Kazekage's wife to be. Your lip trembles as Ichiro places a hand on the door.

"You ready?" You take a deep breath, and shake your head.

"No, but that doesn't really make a difference, does it?" Ichiro smiles.

"That's my [Name]."

Without another word, he pushes the doors open. The sudden sunlight makes you squint, but the roar of a village almost makes you faint. Ichiro has to drag you for the first few steps before you can begin to walk on your own. On either side of the aisle, you see villager after villager after villager, some standing, some sitting. Obviously more people turned up than expected, because there's an obvious shortage of chairs. You gulp and keep your gaze straight ahead.

You see Gaara, standing at the highly raised altar, waiting for you. Your breath is taken away as you see him, all dressed up in a black suit. Whatever you felt, he probably felt it tenfold, because at the sight of you he seemed to choke on his own saliva and began stammering to the priest, who smiled and nodded. The crowd goes silent as Ichiro lets you go at the foot of the altar, and you stumble up to Gaara's side. He reaches out and holds your hands in his, blushing furiously, and smiling brighter than the sun. You open your lips to speak, but no sound comes out. Gaara chuckles.

"You look amazing," he says quietly. You gulp, and widen your eyes, trying to stay alert.

"I feel like I'm going to faint," you say in a tiny voice. Gaara smiles and squeezes your hands encouragingly.

"You'll be fine, [Name]. I love you."

"I... I love you too, Gaara."