~5~

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

It was the end of the school day, and George, Dakota and Heather were standing outside of school whilst everybody walked past them. 

''My dad's here now. I'll see you guys tomorrow.'' Dakota smiled.

''See you.'' George and Heather replied. They watched Dakota walk away, and then George turned to look at her.

''Are you going to school tomorrow?'' George asked.

She sighed. ''Depends how I feel. Are you?'' 

''I'll text Dakota when I'm home. If she does, we all will but if she doesn't, we won't.''

''Sounds good to me.''

''Okay.'' George paused. ''Are you going to be okay going home?''

''Yeah.''

''I would hang out but I have that appointment-''

''George! Seriously, I'll be fine.'' Heather smiled encouragingly. That smile was completely fake, but she didn't want her friends worrying about her. Personally, she felt sick about going back home. 

He looked at her for a few seconds and then nodded. ''Okay. Text me later.''

''I will. See you.''

''Bye.''

Heather watched her friend walk away for a few seconds, and then turned and began walking in the opposite direction. She felt more and more sick with every step she took - she didn't want to go back home. She walked for a few more minutes, and then stopped in the street.

What the fuck was she doing? She didn't want to care about anything...so why was she forcing herself to go back to the only place that made her?

She didn't have to go home yet.

She took the next left and began the walk to one of her favourite spots.

-

''Thanks for the ride home, Matt.'' Alahna smiled as she climbed out of the van.

''No worries. See you tomorrow morning.'' Matt smiled.

''Bye guys.'' she yelled and then shut the van door.

Matt drove for a few minutes and then they arrived at Elmer's house. He thanked Matt for the ride, told them he expected to see them tomorrow morning and then walked up the drive to his house.

''So, what are we doing when we get home?'' Nick grinned.

''I'm taking a nap.'' Matt said. 

''Naps are for babies.'' Chris rolled his eyes.

''Yeah, but you guys have tired me out with your shit jokes about my driving all day.''

''Fine.'' Nick muttered and then looked at Chris. ''What do you want to do?''

''I want to go to the gas station near our house. Apparently, they have one of those new slushie machines.'' Chris grinned.

''Really?'' Nick yelled.

''Nick! Shut the fuck up!'' Matt cried.

''Sorry...I got excited.''

''Do you want me to drop you guys there?'' Matt asked, looking at his brothers.

''Thanks, Matt.'' Nick smiled.

''We owe you.''

''When do you ever pay me back for giving you a ride? How would you even do that?'' he muttered. His brothers began to answer him, but he zoned out. Matt felt exhausted from the day - until he saw something that caught his attention.