~18~

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

''Are you going to be okay?'' Dakota asked anxiously.

''I'll be fine, Dak.'' Heather said firmly.

''We'll meet you straight after.'' George said.

''Okay.''

''Text me if you need me.'' George smiled.

''I will. Thanks.''

''See you after.'' Dakota waved goodbye.

Heather smiled as her friends left, but it faded as she began walking to math class. She could've had any class this morning...and it had to be math. Why was she so unlucky? Matt was literally the last person she wanted to see. She walked into the class and her eyes flashed to his seat. He was already there, and he was looking at her.

She didn't look away - that wasn't the sort of person she was - and stared at him until he was forced to look away. She took her seat and rolled her eyes as she felt somebody immediately tap her shoulder. She ignored it and sat closer to the desk. 

Matt moved his desk forward an inch, and then tapped her on the shoulder again. 

''Fuck off.'' she whispered.

''You have to listen to me.'' Matt replied.

She put her middle finger up. ''I don't have to do anything, especially when it's you saying it.''

''Heather-''

''Matt! Heather!'' the teacher suddenly yelled, making both of the teenagers jump. 

''Yeah?'' she replied.

''It's really great you're here, Heather, but can you both stop whispering?'' 

''Gladly.'' Heather muttered.

The teacher continued teaching. Matt sat in silence for about 3 seconds before he tapped her again.

''Fuck off, Matt!'' she yelled.

The teacher looked at them both angrily. ''Get out of my class!''

Matt felt his heart drop - this definitely wasn't going to earn him any points with Heather. He was now getting her sent out of class. 

Heather looked at the teacher for a few seconds and then sighed angrily. She grabbed her bag, and then rushed out of the classroom.

Matt shoved his jacket and bag on, and then ran after her. ''Heather!'' he called as he got out of the classroom.

''Nice going, Matt!'' she shouted as she rushed down the hall.

He ran after her, and then grabbed her arm to make her slow. ''I'm sorry. I didn't mean for us to get sent out.''

''You don't mean for a lot of things to happen, do you?'' she asked sarcastically, shrugging his arm away.

''I just really need to talk to you.''

''Don't you get the hint? I don't want to talk to you!''

He grew frustrated. ''Why did you block my number?''

She scoffed. ''Maybe I was dared by Dakota!''

''How are you supposed to hear me out-'' he was cut off by Heather suddenly stopping and turning to look at him.

''I'm not hearing you out!'' she yelled. ''We are done, Matt. DONE.''

''But you said you don't hold grudges.'' Matt said desperately.

A tear dripped down her cheek, and she wiped it away angrily. ''People change.''

''You can't be mad at me forever.''