𝓮𝓹𝓲𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

TWO YEARS LATER:

Heather looked at herself in the mirror anxiously, dragging her finger under her bottom lip to get rid of any lipstick smudges. Her make-up was finished, she was wearing a black dress with fishnets that had snakes travelling up her legs and her doc martens on her feet. She noticed that her blonde hair was frizzy, and she rolled her eyes before reaching for her straighteners.

''Yo, H!''

''It's open!'' she called, taking a strand of hair.

Harry walked into her room, leaning against the doorframe. ''You look nice.''

''I will when my hair is finished.'' she muttered, her eyes flicking to look at her brother. ''Where's George?''

''Not home yet.''

She nodded, dragging the straighteners down. Heather was twenty years old now and, in two years, her life had completely changed. After she graduated from school, her, Harry and George set out looking for an apartment. It didn't take long before they found one, and the siblings were soon leaving their abusive mother behind.

When she was at school, Heather hated her life. She had been invisible until she was seventeen and it was only when her boyfriend noticed her that her life began to become positive. When she left school, her and George got a job at a grocery store. They were only meant to be doing it temporarily, but they both actually loved it and decided to continue working there.

Nick and Chris had gone to college, which meant Matt had gone to college, taking Heather's heart with him. She told him that, and he just laughed, saying he was leaving his heart in Boston with her. The blonde girl knew she would miss him, but she didn't really realise just how much.

When they were at school, they spent everyday together - barely even spending weekends apart. Now that Matt was twenty, they were seeing each other months apart. Matt didn't realise how demanding college would be, and he missed his girlfriend so much that he would try come home early to see her.

Like tonight.

''Do you need a ride to the triplets house?'' Harry asked.

''Matt said he'll pick me up.'' she replied, unplugging her straighteners and checking her hair in the mirror. ''Do you think I look good enough? We haven't saw each other in like two months so-''

''You look good, H.''

''Thanks, Har.''

''What time is he coming?''

''I'm not-''

She cut herself off when she heard the front door slam, and she instantly smiled knowing it would be George. Heather loved her friends so much, but George had always been her closest. She had been living with him and her brother for almost a year, and yet she still got excited whenever they got home from work and could hang with her.

''Heather?'' he called.

She smiled as she reached the bottom of the stairs. ''Hey.''

''You look hot.''

''Thank you. How was work?''

''It was good.'' he replied casually, hanging his coat up and then looking back at the blonde girl. ''oh, by the way, Matt's outside.''

Her mouth dropped. ''What? Why?''

''He gave me a ride home from work.'' George smiled. ''And Chris and Nick are outside aswell.''

The blonde girl pulled open the front door and rushed to the sidewalk where the van was parked. Chris and Nick were both still sitting in the vehicle, but Matt was standing on the sidewalk with a smirk on his face. Heather practically jumped on him, but he had been expecting that, and he grabbed her tightly, pressing a kiss to her lips.