~13~

★ ☆ ✦ ✧ ✩ ✶

''Ring me if you need me.'' Harry said, looking at his sister.

She gave him a quick smile. ''I will.'' She replied, shutting the car door.

Harry drove away, and Heather walked up the driveway. She walked slowly, a cigarette in her hand. She actually didn't even want to smoke right now, but she felt like she couldn't talk to Matt without the high of nicotine.

She wasn't even sure if she wanted to talk to Matt - she was mad at him and thought he was acting like an ass but, on the other hand, she had this horrible anxious feeling whenever she thought about the fact that he was mad at her. Heather never got that feeling with anybody except Harry and she knew she act on it.

She knocked on the front door and then waited for a few seconds. Nick pulled it open and grinned when he saw her. ''Hey. I didn't know you were coming round.''

''Neither did I until about 10 minutes ago.'' she shrugged.

''Are you coming in?'' Nick asked.

She showed him the cigarette. ''Give me a minute.''

Nick sat on the doorstep and then looked up at her. She didn't even think about it; she just found herself sitting next to him. She took a drag of her cigarette, exhaled and then looked at Nick.

''Why do you smoke?'' he asked.

''What sort of question is that?'' Heather laughed slightly.

''A cool one.''

She rolled her eyes. ''I smoke because I like it.''

Nick looked at her for a few seconds and then shrugged. ''Fair enough.''

Heather took one last drag and then threw the cigarette into the nearest bushes. Both her and Nick stood up, and then they went into the house. Nick walked with Heather to Matt's bedroom, and then went into his own.

Heather knocked on Matt's door, and he pulled it open. She stepped in and he shut it behind her. None of them looked at each other as they sat on opposite sides of the bed and then in awkward silence.

''Are you mad at me?'' Matt asked weakly.

''Yes.''

''Oh.'' he answered, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously.

''But I'm willing to hear you out.''

''Maybe I should hear you out.'' Matt blurted.

Heather looked at him in disbelief. ''What?''

''You wrote to me 'fuck you.' I think you need to explain more than I do.''

She stood up. ''I wrote that because you're asking dumb fucking questions!''

''So, asking what's happening between my girl and her guy friend is a dumb question?!'' Matt asked, his voice getting louder as he stood up.

''Yes! Me and George have been best friends for years and none of us have a crush on each other!''

''How am I supposed to know that?'' Matt stood up.

''Because I told you that, and you were still questioning me!''

Matt suddenly felt like an idiot. Hearing the situation from Heather's point of view made him realise how stupid it was. Of course George didn't have a crush on her, he was her best friend and Heather...well, she interested in Matt. How could she have a crush on George if she only liked him?

He sat back on the bed with a sigh. ''You're right. I'm sorry.''

She was quiet for a few seconds and then sat next to him. ''I like you, Matt, but if you can't accept that me and George are friends, then-''