prologue.

if a summers day could compare to you, it would be magnificent.

Flora Venatici opened up her place of employment, to receive her last pay check. With the war at a high rise, she needed a new job. Her daughter was only a year old, and her fiancé was just weeks away from marrying her.

The pay check was the only way to survive her life in the muggle city of London. She retrieved the pay check from her boss and former peer at Elementary School, Aiden Holten.

Her parents were half bloods, who married a year after Flora was accepted to Hogwarts. She still held her letter in her hand, when she was nervous. She always got nervous when her mother's death anniversary came and went by. As a ritual from her mother's side of the family, no one was allowed at the house until the week has passed and no one is allowed to leave.

According to her father, love was a dangerous thing and marrying a pure blood was not the right thing. Her father somewhat still supported her throughout the years, the only thing he was not doing was dancing with Flora.

After many years of not doing her wedding dance with Ophelia Rose Ventici, he couldn't bare to dance without his late wife.

Flora thought about Fauna. Her parents were dumb enough to name her twin sister and her, Flora and Fauna.

Fauna was young, and already wishing for many kids. She wanted five little girls, so she could dress them up in dresses and bows.

Regulus Black was Flora's soon to be husband in there winter themed wedding in December.

They had there daughter in December of 1979. She was beautiful and had a soft and ethereal glow to her skin. Her lips stained pink as her mothers eyeshadow.

Suddenly, Flora heard a boom!

She crouched down under the table in the shop, while Aiden quickly turned the emergency lock. But that didn't hold the person back, with a boom, the glass shattered across the floor, cutting Flora's palm. She winced in pain as the mysterious creature slowly passed through the shop, as if smelling for a particular waft.

Strawberries was a popular scent at knock on wood furniture. The creature must have been looking for the beautiful smell of fresh, organic strawberries.

She knew that if she didn't reach for her wand and apparate with Aiden, she would with a) die, or b) apparate and feel guilty with the pain of losing her best friend.

She reached her hand under the tablecloth and poked at Aiden beside her. Aiden held her hand, as she thought about the place she called home.

She appartwd away with Aiden still clinging to her arm.

She landed on the Late Walburga Black's rose bushes. Groaning in pain, she helped Aiden up and told him to get inside.

He obeyed and opened the door, where a family photo laid on the ground with red blood shaped in a X over Flora's head.

She pushed open the closet doors and told Aiden to hide in the doors. He climbed in as he watched Flora pull out her wand.

She creeped slowly into the parlour, watching as Regulus fought a cloaked man. He had a purple cloth draped over his shoulders with a prominent beard visible to Flora's eyes.

She stepped back, and accidentally stepped on a squeaky piece of wood.  The mysterious figure turned towards her body, Regulus attempting to run over furniture as the person muttered a spell.

Flora felt dizzy. Almost unconscious. She grasped onto the post and slowly fell to the ground. Crying she begged Regulus to take her to her mother.

"Heavenly Bodies was her favourite." She muttered, trying to remember her facts about her mother.

"Take care of Astraea for me, she needs her father like I did." Flora said as she lowered her head into Regulus's arms.

She felt her right of move slowly being taken away. With her last bit of strength, she reached over to her torso, feeling the blood through the hole of the spell they created.

Unable to move, she breathed her last words.

" cura et recordabor amoris,".

Her head fell flat into his arms, her heart no longer beating. He let out a sob, as he just looked towards Aiden who emerged out of the closet.

He walked over, and placed her pay check on the table and left. Letting out a sob as he fetched a taxi to return home.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

AUTHORS NOTE ;

hi guys !! yes i wrote another book and this one will be finished. (maybe)

i decided to write a letter book, after a assignment in my english honours class, where we were told to read letters of a couple from a book. (i can't quite remember which book) i loved reading them, so i decided to apply the style to this book.

i've always been a sucker for regulus black, and after wishing to make another book, i think this one is the one that will be my most favourite !!

have a great morning/evening/afternoon while you read and make to hydrate and feed yourself properly !! also go to sleep when you need it.