OO5.

*TW: INSINUATION/INDIRECT MENTION OF SA (NOTHING BIG, I JUST WANT TO LYK)*

"I SAID NO SMOKING WHILE I'M HERE."

Riven made a face as he took his cigarette out and stubbed it against the table. "I was hoping I'd have time to get one in before you showed."

Music blared in the halls, all crowded with sweaty people. And somehow, Rose still managed to find who she was looking for.

"You don't sound disappointed," Rose grinned, crossing her arms.

"What can I say?" Riven raised his hands. "I get to tell people I'm the reason Rose, the Rose, came to a party. Albeit to stop me from having fun, but still for me."

"I wouldn't have come if Bella and Nate didn't drag me," Rose lied.

"Well where are they now?" Riven leaned in, a self-satisfied smirk lighting up his face.

Rose shrugged, pretending to look for them in the crowd, "Probably off in some corner, making out. Or scaring the first years."

"It's nice to see someone's enjoying the party," Riven commented.

Rose rolled her eyes, "Be happy I didn't add no drinking as one of the conditions. It's five past nine right now. And at eleven o'five, I will still be here. And you will not be allowed to smoke for the rest of the party."

"Buzzkill," Riven coughed.

"You'll remember me when you're eighty and can't breathe," Rose commented.

"Like I'll live that long," Riven chuckled. "Face it, love. I'm probably going to die... mid-twenties. Might push it to thirty if Sky and I are paired together during placements."

"Sure," Rose drawled. "You might think you're a party animal, and that you're gonna die by overdose, but that's not gonna happen. If anything, you're the most likely to die by tripping on something."

"Ouch, Rose," Riven put a hand on his chest. "That hurts."

"I'm not saying anything you don't already know," Rose raised her hands in defense as her lips tugged upwards.

Riven stared at her, unable to help himself from laughing lightly.

"Weed brownie, anyone?" Dane, the first year Riven took under his wing, came forward. "Terra made them. They're pretty good."

Riven chuckled to himself, leaning forward to take one, but stopped at Rose's frown. "You never said anything about edibles. I can eat these no matter how long you stay at the party for."

"I know, I didn't say anything."

"Well, your face did."

"I didn't mean to make that face out loud," Rose waved it off. "And it wasn't towards you either. It was just towards... intoxicants in general I guess."

"You came to a party, a teenage party, when your feelings towards intoxicants are... not good?" Riven stared at her.

"Oh shut up and eat your brownies."

"No, seriously," Riven told her, grabbing a brownie from Dane before he walked away. "I thought you didn't like me smoking because it kills. Now you're telling me it's all intoxicants, and cigarettes?"

"It's a personal thing," Rose explained, looking away. "I guess I don't like the idea of not being in control of my actions. Neither am I a fan of lung disease. If you want to drink, go ahead. But I'd rather be aware of my surroundings."