O12

"CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR BROTHER'S DATING A LEGEND."

Rose raised her eyebrows at Bella as she continued flipping through the pages of her herbology textbook, "Can't believe we all have to take Rosalind's word for it."

"You don't believe her?" Bella asked. 

"I don't trust her," Rose corrected. "Don't get me wrong, Bloom's pretty amazing. And she's the only fairy to have transformed in a thousand years. I have full trust in her powers to be the Dragon Flame. I just hate how Rosalind revealed that fact to use to her advantage. The whole Alumni Banquet was some sick power play move in the giant plan of hers."

"I guess it's a good thing we didn't go," Nate muttered. "Rom-com movies over interacting with pompous Alfea alums any day."

Bella laughed, "And yet you were the one most opposed to the idea."

"I have changed my ways," Nate said. "I am a better man."

Rose rolled her eyes at her two friend's antics. She continued her homework as the two continued their banter. Her watch vibrated against her skin, and she saw a text from Sky.

"Shoot," she muttered, stuffing her things in her bag.

"What's wrong?" Bella asked.

"I've got to head down for training," she responded. "We're learning to fight with homing arrows today."

"At least you'll be with Silva," Nate told her. "Sucks how we're not in the same training schedule. Make sure you let me know if there's some sort of trick behind it."

"Will do!" Rose promised as she ran out of the room. 

She ran past fairies and Specialists, arriving at the training site just in time.

"Did we start?" she asked her brother.

"Not yet," he whispered back.

"We don't know much about scrapers," Rosalind began. "But we do know fairy magic is ineffective against them. Which is why now is the time when the Specialists must shine."

"Now that I'm back," Saul took over, "I'll be training you on ranged combat. The primary method of taking down scrapers. Let's see what you all got."

Rose hefted her bow and let loose a regular arrow. Just like she'd been taught as a kid, the arrow went through the disk in the air.

"It's like he never fucking left," Sky muttered.

"Come on," Riven shrugged. "Aren't we over this anti-Silva shit?"

"He acts like he has the high moral ground," Sky continued. "Hypocrite."

"You say that like you'd prefer Andreas," Rose rolled her eyes.

"Well at least Andreas is who he is," Sky answered.

"What, a massive prick?" Rose countered.

"That's true," Riven agreed. "He almost took my arm off in sparring yesterday."

"I wonder if it's because Beatrix is gone," Sky said. "I heard Rosalind sent her on a mission, but when I tried to ask him he pretty much told me to fuck off, so... You don't know anything, do you Riven?"

"Dude, come on," Riven stared at Sky. "We broke up forever ago. She made her choice, I made mine. I don't know what she's doing."

He let out a shot with a homing arrow that flew wide.

"Real pretty, Riv," Rose chuckled.

"It's not my fault they suck," Riven raised his arms.

Rose let out three shots in rapid-succession, all hitting their targets. "Maybe it's not the arrows that're the problem."