O11.

ROSE WALKED UP TO RIVEN.

"What happened?" she asked. 

By now, everyone had heard of what happened with Saul, but no one knew whether they found him. Rose had to come back to Alfea after helping him, and she was hoping for some good news.

"No body," Riven told her. "So as far as we know, he's still out there."

Rose nodded, trying not to look too relieved.

"Anyways, what were you up to today?" Riven asked, the two of them heading for the dinner line. "Do anything fun?"

Rose narrowed her eyes at him, catching the smirk he was hiding. So he knew, but he wasn't going to out her. Not if she didn't say anything first.

"Well, I went on a field trip," she told him. "I'll tell you more about it later, but most of the day was actually pretty boring."

"Ah, I was forced to hunt the forest for my old teacher," Riven told her. "I'd take a boring day over that any time. Well, there was one bright point of the day."

"Which was?"

"Sky beat up Dane!"

"He did what?"

"Who did what?" Bella asked, her and Nate sliding into the seats across from them.

"Sky beat up Dane apparently," Rose answered, turning to Riven. "Care to elaborate?"

"Dane was talking shit about Silva being shot in the back, and Sky lost it," Riven explained. "I was about two seconds away from beating the little shit up myself."

"Silva was shot in the back?" Bella asked. "What?"

"Andreas shot two honing arrows at him," Nate answered.

"We can only hope he's okay," Riven said, nudging Rose's foot in a silent message.

"He probably is," she answered his unspoken question. "Saul knows how to take care of himself. If anyone can make it out of that situation alive, it's him."

Riven nodded, looking as if a weight had been lifted off of his shoulders.

"Anyways, what's up with the new training schedule?" Rose asked. "What time slot did you all get put in?"

"Evening," Nate answered. "The only person I've found who's in that time slot is Mikey."

"Lucky still," Riven answered. "I've got afternoons. Do you know how hot it is then?"

"Oh my god, me too," Rose answered. "I'm going to sweat myself to death, but at least we'll be together."

"What a wonderful image you've placed in my head," Riven muttered.

"You can thanking me by buying me a coffee and a chocolate chip muffin for breakfast tomorrow," Rose smiled at him.

"You're lucky Andreas let you train," Bella told her. "Apparently he cancelled Silva's idea of pairing up a few fairies and Specialists to train together. Sucks because I was looking forward to that."

"I'll still train you," Nate promised. "But you know we can't move on until you stop punching with your thumb inside your fist."

"People do that?" Riven asked. "I thought it was just a cheesy romance novel thing."

Rose laughed, "Since when do you read cheesy romances, Riv? Is it for anyone in particular?"

Riven narrowed his eyes at her, "Shut up. I don't read them, but everyone knows the trope."