O1O.

ROSE FOUGHT MECHANICALLY.

She'd sent her mother tens of texts and calls, asking what she meant. But of course, her mother decided that one piece of advice was more than enough. She had to reach back into her childhood training to fight the way Andreas wanted. Dirty.

Andreas wasn't like Saul, teaching the students to fight with honor when fighting against each other. He looked down on those who even helped their opponents up after a bout. Thankfully, he'd allowed Rose to continue her training, but he wasn't nice about it.

"The little prince and the upstart," Andreas commented as Sky and Dane moved up to the platform. "This should be good. First blood."

Rose turned to Riven hoping she heard wrong, but his dark expression told her she hadn't.

The fight started, and Andreas walked down the steps to Riven and Rose.

"Odds?" he asked.

"Well, first glance, it's Sky's fight," Riven answered. "Dane's got shit to prove, and Sky's a better fighter than him."

The fighting continued, Sky drawing it out in hopes of winning without having to draw blood.

"It's not a first glance fight though," Rose added. "Strength and talent wise, Sky is stronger. But it's to first blood. He's going to try and win without drawing blood."

"Give him, three... two... and one," Riven muttered, counting down the seconds until Sky's final attack. "There's the hesitation from not wanting to draw blood."

"And there's Dane counter attack," Rose commented. 

Dane chuckled as he walked down, the other Specialists congratulating him as well. Rose ignored him, walking up the platform steps to her brother. She felt Riven following her.

"He's such a prick," Sky glared at Andreas' retreating figure. 

"He's your dad," Riven shrugged. 

"We gotta get you bandaged," Rose grimaced at the blood staining his skin and shirt.

"Oi, Dane!" Riven called the boy. "Your little groupies will send you dick pics later. Let's go take him to greenhouse and get him checked out. You can help him get there and explain since you're so fucking proud of this."

Dane rolled his eyes at Riven, but slung one of Sky's arms over his shoulder and helped him to the greenhouse.

"What happened?" Terra asked immediately, leading Sky to a bed.

"Just a bit of sparring between friends," Dane grinned.

Rose slapped him upside the head.

"What? You did this?" Terra asked him.

"Impressed?"

She scoffed in response. 

"Dane, I'm gonna give you five seconds before either Terra or Rose actually hurt you," Riven warned. "Not sure which one dislikes you more right now."

"I was heading out anyways," Dane held his hands up in surrender. "Bea just asked me to come over anyways."

Riven stared at Dane, unimpressed and unbothered by that statement. "Well then, run along."

Terra went over to grab some pills as one of the medicinal students wrapped Sky's wound. She came back, surprised to still see Rose and Riven there. "You guys can go now. Don't worry. He's fine. We're gonna bandage him up and give him some painkillers."

"I'm fine," Sky promised. "Listen to Terra."

Rose nodded hesitantly, heading out of the greenhouse. Riven stayed behind for a second before following her.