SIX

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐃 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐘𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐃 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓. You could find at least one of them at a party in New York City. It didn't matter if it was during the week or weekend, one person from the summer squad would be at that party and would more than likely end up in the news the next day. That was mostly because of need to find peace after having to be perfect all the time or having to be careful because if their parents caught them doing something they weren't supposed to, all of their heads would be in pitchforks on the beach. The summer squad would always end up throwing a party if someone else wasn't, which never ended well.

The Dubois twins were the party throwers of the group. They were the ones who could plan a party within a few days and throw the party that following Friday or weekend. They always had alcohol and even drugs. Theo didn't know how they did it, mostly because if he were to throw a party it would take him at least 2 to 3 weeks to plan it before even throwing it. Theo couldn't help but stress himself out as he helped the squad clean up the Dubois beach house. He hadn't wanted to even throw a party, needing to finish his summer read, but Caleb had forced him into helping. Saying something about how they all needed to let out and hang out as a group. After the argument, Cora and Caleb couldn't even be in the same room without Caleb rushing off, holding his chest as he walked off. Same with everyone else. Felix couldn't be around anyone but Harveen since everyone but Harveen and Theo were mad at him.

"T, can you come help me," Adi asked her brother as she opened a table cloth package

"Yeah sure," Theo replied as he dropped the package he had and walked towards Adi

"Everyone's been so tense since the argument, and I wanted to know if we are okay? I know we didn't fight but the look of disappointment on your face told me enough," Adi said as Theo helped her put the table cloth on the long white table.

"I'm not mad or disappointed, I'm just tired and all of you arguing didn't help. Fran is trying to hold us all together and it's not working. We are practically doing everything we possibly can to tear us all apart, and it's hurting her in the process," Theo told his sister as he flattened the table cloth out

"Did- did you hear them come back inside last night?" Adi found herself asking, not hearing the dubois twins come back in after their dad asked to talk to them

"I didn't, but that doesn't mean anything, Adi. They do this all the time, their dad does something, they disappear while we set up a party,"Theo tried to reassure her but it didn't work, the girl still felt the large knot in her stomach at the thought of the dubois twins not being okay.
_____________

Francesca sat in the corner of the pool garage, feeling a burning sensation on the side of her stomach. She spent almost the entire night outside with Caleb, both of them not having enough strength to make it inside to the warm heated home. She had tried calling her mom but she wasn't answering her phone, neither was conrad. Francesca wanted to hug them, to feel comfort but instead she stayed in the pool garage, hugging her unconscious brother. She had tried to keep him awake but the boy had been way to exhausted. His eyes had fluttered shut before she could stop them, scared if he fell asleep, he may not wake up. Caleb had more extreme injuries, more than likely a concussion, broken ribs, and maybe even a broken hand from trying to hold Gabriel Dubois away from him.