SEVEN

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 4𝐓𝐇 2004

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 4𝐓𝐇 2004. Also known as the day Francesca Lilou Dubois & Caleb Sage Dubois were born. It was actually a peaceful day at first, Gabriel and Amelie celebrating the independence of America with extended family. Up until around 1:30, where Amelie started to feel a very tight sensation in her lower abdomen. She ignored it for a little while but after her water ended up breaking, Gabriel had drove them to the hospital. they spent the next 9 hours in a hospital room, welcoming their twins into the world shortly after. 11:12 & 11:22 were the times in which the twins were brought into the world.

If you asked Francesca how many times she heard this story, she wouldn't be able to tell you an exact number. Her parents retold it every time they could, making sure to keep in that their twins were a miracle and may not have made it. Francesca hadn't believed them at first, not thinking it was even possible that she might have died before even getting to live for 20 minutes, but it was in fact true. Francesca was a lot smaller than Caleb and Caleb was a lot more ill than Francesca. Caleb had what is called nuchal cord, in which the umbilical cord is wrapped around the babies neck. Luckily, the doctor who was delivering was able to get the cord untangled before it caused any long
term damage. Francesca was smaller than most babies and had a heart defect at birth, but they did a surgery once she had enough strength and was old enough to fix it.

While Francesca was sent home shortly after her surgery, Caleb ended up having to stay. The doctors had noticed how his oxygen levels were and decided to keep him until they got higher. Amelie had been terrified. With her kids both being sickly at such a young age, you never knew what could happen. That's why she was always so cautious over them, she couldn't lose her twins. Within a few short months, the twins had finally been home together. The Dubois family had finally formed, but it would never be the same either. Francesca knew that, she knew that from the moment her father hit her for the first time. She knew that from the moment her dad broke her arm because she wanted to go to a friends house. She knew that her family was falling apart and nothing would keep it together. Maybe that's why she enjoyed spending her birthday in cousins. Her father wouldn't be there and she could actually enjoy it. Although those plans changed when a certain blonde decided to go and create drama.

Francesca was still pissed at Cora, but she wasn't going to let that ruin her day. She wasn't going to allow someone who wouldn't really exist without her to ruin her day. Her brothers day. Their day. Francesca chose to ignore the girl the entire morning, well up until Breakfast at least. As Francesca entered the kitchen, she collided with someone shorter than her, knocking them to the ground. A yelp left the blonde as she collided with the floor, feeling her back hurting from the impact. She pushed herself up and reached over to Frans hand, which she was holding out for Cora to grab.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention," Fran apologized as she helped Cora up from the floor

"It's fine," Cora muttered out as she pushed past Fran and headed down the hallway to the stairs