01 - Safety Precautions

A/N: Okay, let's start easy. Enjoy, I guess?

//

//

Really, Fang should've seen this coming. 

They were currently running a mission on planet Junkberg, tasked with retrieving a power sphere that could manipulate iron and copper. The moment they heard a bird's news of a rusty rouge robot robbing rich restaurants, BoBoiBoy immediately sent himself off to deal with it. 

Thing is, Boi's still injured from his previous mission. He won't take no for an answer though. He's stubborn like that. Instead, it's up to the rest of the Kokotaim gang to make sure he doesn't end up destroying himself and/or others in the process. 

Wow, Fang's starting to feel like they're just there as a safety precaution for Boi. His only hope now is that Boi isn't too injured when they catch up to him.

They decided to split up. With Gopal and Ying as Boi's aid while Fang and Yaya finish the rest of the mission, and that is to capture the (ab)user of CuFeBot. Y'know, the power sphere that could manipulate copper (Cu) and iron (Fe)... 

I am not good at naming things. Anyway-!

The last known place of the bad guy led the to a dark and eerie alleyway. Yaya couldn't shake off the feeling that there was something different about this place. She's not the type to get scared so easily but this just gives her the creeps. 

"Uhh, Fang? I have a bad feeling about this. Are you sure this is the right place?"

"Well, according to the intel we received of the guy's location, this should be it. Though I don't see any signs of anyone here..." Fang doesn't seem as bothered as Yaya is. Maybe because he's well versed with these types of places? Cold and lonely with deep shades and dark shadows? 

An unexpected clatter shook them out of their stupor. The shade seems to shift ever so slightly. They immediately went battle positions, ready for anything. 

Well... Anything except for a cat. 

"Ah, I thought it was something else. Come on Fang, let's try to continue the search- Eh?" Yaya was stunned when she heard Fang's "pspsspsps". A general thing cat-lovers do when they see a cat. And a charming coincidence that Fang just so happens to be one. 

"Ahahh, he's just a little guy. A handsome one too! Well, not as handsome as me or my shadow tiger of course, but he has looks. A little goodbye pat won't hurt, right?" He speaks to himself. Fang raised his hand to pet the cat and it surprisingly warms up to him, rubbing its head on Fang's hand. Another thing Yaya didn't expect was as soon as Fang lifted his hand from the cat, he passed out. Yaya caught him before he hit the ground.

Wha- "Fang! What happened?!" No response. She looks around but no one's there. Not even the cat is there anymore. Only then she noticed how deafeningly silent it was. She decides to bring them back to the spaceship and meet up with the others. This side-mission can wait. 

Yaya lifted Fang up with her powers and floated back towards the spaceship.

[With Gopal and Ying]

It took a while to reach BoBoiBoy's location with all the twists, turns, and breaks they had to take (courtesy of Gopal). Once they arrived however, everything was done and dusted. Seems like they were late.

Good luck, Gopal. You're gonna need it later.

Some buildings and public property were broken. Thankfully, none of the folks and shopkeepers look injured. They saw Boi right in the middle of the mess next to a rusted robot tied in thorny vines. They walked closer and grimaced. Boi looked worse for the wear. Bruises and scratches all over but nothing seems to be broken. He does look very close to keeling over though. When he finally notices' his friends, he greets them with a crooked smile.

"Uhh, hey guys. I've dealt with the rouge robot already, now he's just deactivated and its owner's gonna come and pick him up to fix! Where's Fang and Yaya?"

Sigh, their leader's gonna give them an aneurysm these days. "Well, if you must know. Unlike you, they didn't suddenly run off by themselves and are now finishing up our mission for us." Ying offended. A meek "sorry" was heard from the orange clad. 

"You look real bad here, buddy. What happened?" Gopal, master of being brutally honest of his opinions, asked. 

"Well, at first I didn't think much of the robot since it looked rusty and old. But then it attacked me with high-grade laser weapons, and I guess I... Overreacted?" 

"You guess?"

"...Y-yeah. But- But hey! On the bright side, nobody got injured and the robot's secured!" 

"Right, we're taking you back to the spaceship and you're going to rest." Ying grabs Boi's wrist to try and drag him with them until he hissed in pain at her touch. Surprised, she let go just in time to see Boi fall face forward and unconscious. 

"Okay, turns out his injuries are more serious than he makes it out to be."

"Gopal, you carry him."

"What?!"

//

//

A/N: Aaaand cut for today. So, how's the first part? I'm taking it easy on myself and stopped before the 1k word mark (My perfectionism is screaming at me, but I have a school event to be prepared for tomorrow so--). Hope you lads enjoy the rest to come. Oh, and don't forget to stay hydrated!