05 - Breathe Truth and Spit Spite

It was like a heavy blanked draped itself around Fang's mind. Deaf to feelings and numb to emotions. His thoughts felt everywhere and nowhere at the same time. He could still see where he was and what he's doing, but he can't make any sense of why. No dots would connect to make any discernable thoughts, and he's left watching his body on semi-autopilot.

At the same time, he was still in that mansion. Watching whatever's happening "outside" through an old TV he found somewhere in one of the rooms. He feels rather... detached.

...

Training grounds were empty at this hour, with TAPOPS guards and members somewhere else. Some in their beds while others in their nightly shifts. The boys came here after reporting to the commander of their conditions.

In that moment, Fang was surprisingly more talkative than before. His answers were still short, but he seemed more willing to talk. Except to BoBoiBoy. He tried, really, but never really got an answer to anything.

Much to the doctor's soon-to-be-imminent dismay, they were going to exert their strength in a heavy physical activity: a fight.

They readied themselves on each side, sizing the other one up. Truth to be told, Boi enjoys whenever he and Fang spar together. Though now considering Fang's weird state, he's not quite looking forward to this "fight".

'He asked for it, and you're doing this to find answers,' He justifies, 'If this is how you find out, then so be it... right?'

"Are you ready, Fang?" Boi calls out. Without so much as a reply, Fang shoots forward with his shadow bear suit.

...

He's not even in his mansion anymore. He's floating now... somewhere. The TV screen is nowhere to be seen but he can still see.

Cables (or roots? Tendrils are what they are) wrap around his limbs, like mock strings, dragging his form as he is battling (fighting?) someone outside.

Why are they fighting?

No thought is sticking. It frustrates him, though he can't remember why. All he can piece together right now is the opponent he's facing. This boy... His determined eyes makes him feel warm in his drowning mind. It makes him a little hopeful.

BoBoiBoy?

His head clears a little.

'Yes, yes! That's him! You recognize him!' If it's possible to squint his ears, he would've heard it, 'Come on, you're so close! Wake up already!'

He trusts his opponent to figure out what's going on with him. He allows himself to drift. If he was any more conscious, he would've heard it still.

'No, you coward, wake up!'

...

Gopal woke up in the middle of the night. Not to say he's restless, but he is a bit worried. His best friend was just out of the TAPOPS space infirmary, he'd expected Boi to contact him after that at least.

But he hasn't seen nor heard from him after his and Fang's initial reports to the commander.
Actually, he hasn't heard from Fang either, but he probably has his own thing to deal with Captain Kaizo. Maybe.

He's also craving for some midnight snack anyway, so he goes to the kitchen. He shoos away those thoughts, prompting to make space for some food. He hopes everything is okay for his friends.

...

SWOOP- Claws barely reached his face as he side stepped at the last second.

(A/N: IDRK how to write a fight scene LMAO. I'm just pulling things out of my mind. Excuse the weird pacing.)

Boi transforms into Gempa, going defensive. Fang flips around and smashes through the earth walls, grabbing Boi's arm and flinging him across the field.

Boi, in pain, gets up slowly. He realizes that this is definitely not going to be like their sparring sessions and that he'd have to take it up a notch.

Fang doesn't wait as he rushes forward to him. Boi scrambles in his mind. He's reluctant on hurting Fang in this state, so he conjures a plan that has him mostly avoiding Fang's attacks.

He turns to Duri in the nick of time, pulling himself away from Fang with his vines. Unfortunately, not before Fang nicked him on his cheek (A/N: haha, reference).

Fang then transforms into his eagle suit, chasing Boi as he "spider-mans" away from him. Boi sends shurikens on their way to Fang, but he disregards them with no respect and cuts the vine Boi was swinging on.

As Boi is falling, Fang grabs his shoulders with his claws and slams Boi to the floor, tightening his grip. Boi struggles on his back while Fang glowers at him, poised to end Boi's free subscription to life.

Vines wrap around Fang's shadowy wings and talons, ripping him away from Boi and holding him down. He changes again to Gempa and traps him under rubble for insurance, then transforms back to himself.

Boi takes a rough breather, only now realizing that there is clearly something horrifyingly wrong with his friend. Sparring, cool. Beat him up, he can take it. But end his life? Something serious going on and he's very much involved somehow.

...

It's gone dark. He doesn't see the boy anymore. His limbs ache, yet he can't move them. Much too numb and much too slack to do anything other than follow the string's movement.

In the battle- no, in the fight, he swears he saw someone else in the boy's place. When the talons gripped the boy's shoulders. Wilder hair and a piercing gaze. That image disappeared as soon as he blinked, and then he was trapped.

It feels like he's forgotten something very important.

'Please, wake up...'

...

Before Boi can muse his thoughts any longer, shadows "leak" from the rubble. Boi transforms into Blaze, preparing for anything. What he didn't prepare for was shadow hands yanking him away and throwing him across the room. He lands hard on his back.

'What is up with him and throwing me across the room-?!' Boi thought as he struggled to get up. His efforts was halted by a large burst of purple flames.

The Dragon suit faces him, and hoo boi, things are about to get a lot tougher. Seems like finding answers needs more than just self-defense this time...

///

What is Fang's shadow suit ability officially called in English? LMAO, CLEArLY I haven't done my research even tho I'm a long term fan of BBB. Also, apologies for cutting the fight scene like that. I'll try not to take too long in the next part ueueueu. A whole LOT has been going on and I can't tell y'all one by one.

(Well, I can tell one: I got really sick recently, but I am recovering DW ^-^)

Hope y'all enjoyed this part, hehe. Oh, and shout-out to Princess-Shadow You are so BOLD lmao ILYSM-as a writer (your comments made me genuinely cackle and gave me the boost I needed to finish this chapie wheheehe).

Ciao :)))