04 - Furthermore...

Aaaaaaa bacc to 3rd person BBB POV (is that a thing? is 3rd person character POV a thing?) 

School is pain but also money. I'm writing this in between my classes lol, but it's ok bc my teachers are surprisingly chill abt it (maybe it looks like I'm writing a novel or a scientific paper, IDK). I honestly should focus on my schoolwork and art requests (yes, I draw) but I'm neurodivergent and don't know how to set priorities harghagrahgrhahr-- S T A Y  H Y D R A T E D 

Brief mention of Kaizo being OOC. I have zero idea, minus even, on how to write him other than "overprotective big bro under the guise of an emo anti-hero". My apologies to Kaizo fans. 
...

Anyway--

//

It has been a few weeks since their mission in planet Junkberg. Both BoBoiBoy and Fang have been recovering well and they'll be discharged from the infirmary soon. The others were assigned to several solo and team missions, nothing too drastic. The station is at its calmest and everything was considerably fine.

But not everything is considerably fine, because I'm the author. 

Currently, BBB is having breakfast in bed. Bed breakfast. Bedfast? Breadfast? No, stop. Bed breakfast consisted of chicken congee, fruits and vegetables of dubious alien nature, and a cup of Tok Aba's signature hot coco. Lovely. Fang, on the other hand, has been in the lavatory for a while. His own breakfast mostly the same as BBB's, sans the carrot congee instead of chicken. 

Speaking of Fang, he's been acting weird ever since he woke up a couple of days ago. He somehow looks more closed off than when they first met, and for some reason, skittish around him specifically. BBB doesn't know what to think of it, though he feels rather guilty not knowing why he's acting this way. If he'd just listened and stayed put instead of going off on his own, maybe he would've. 

Kaizo was overjoyed when Fang woke up (though he won't and will never admit it publicly), and then proceeded to wake BBB roughly by going on a tangent about who, what, when, where, why, and how Fang was acting that way. Poor Boi, in his rudely awoken delirious state, couldn't understand half of what happened. Kaizo left, silently fuming. 

Still, he's looking forward to moving and training again. He has thought a lot of interesting combos with his elements he'd like to try. Perhaps he'll talk to Ochobot about some fusion ideas he has in mind.

Well, not actually doing them of course, because maintaining a fusion is taxing enough, and he really doesn't want another one of Ochobot's "You Should Learn Self-Preservation" speeches.

He hears the bathroom door hiss open. He locks eyes with red ones and sees Fang visibly flinch

"Hey, Fang. What took you so long? Admiring your looks?" He tries to joke but is only met with awkward silence as Fang shuffles to his bed, finishing his meal in silence. He's starting to get sick by the recurrent tension between them, a tingling guilt mixed with it. He's been alone and ignored before, more times than he'd personally like, but this is just painful. He still tries to talk to Fang anyway, couldn't bear the silence hanging. 

"The nurses said we'll be discharged soon, which means we can go back to training and doing missions again!" He paused for a moment, "Of course if you still feel like resting up, your brother's most likely ready with a rest permit." 

Fang finishes his meal, places the tray aside, and buries himself under the blankets. Not once reacting to anything BBB said.

Ow.

"...Ah, look. Fang, I'm really sorry. I genuinely am. If you're ignoring me because you're mad about what happened, that's... Uh, I get it. I deserve that." This is the umpteenth time he's apologized to Fang, taking his silence for fury. 

He felt like crying. He doesn't. He hadn't cried for real in a long time, it'd be weird to start again now. So, he decides to follow Fang instead to the realm of unconsciousness. 

(A/N: Author is projecting heavily again)

[Time skip: 3 days later]

The nurse marks the last check-up list on her board, "We'll have to consult the doctor for your release permits, and if it goes well, you're free to go." 

"Thank you, miss." BBB replies while Fang nods. The nurse leaves the room with a hiss of the door. BBB wishes he could've followed that nurse out right now, because the silence grating in the room is getting to him, but then he'd be leaving Fang alone. 

He vows to not have a repeat.  

So, he tries to fill the silence instead.

"Hey, Fang-" the boy flinches at the mention of his name, BBB frowns ever so slightly, "Uh, when we get out of here, what do you want to do?" 

A pause, BBB was ready to let the question drop and wait for the inevitable silence when- 

"Fight me." 

...Huh??? First time Fang said something in a while and /that's/ what he says???

"I'm sorry, what?" 

"Fight. Me." He tipped to the edge of the bed, closing in on BBB.

"Y-yes, yes! I heard the first time. But what do you mean, like as in training or-"

"Just fight." He leaned closer, almost face to face with BBB. 

"Wha- Why are you acting this way?!" BBB scrambled back on his bed, "I don't get it, what happened?"

Fang went silent, though his sharp eyes still lock on BBB. 

"Why didn't you say anything before?" The guilt he thought only simmered doused him like boiling water, and BBB could only gape at the consequences. His eyes stung. He curled up, looking away from Fang, "Alright, I get it. I'll fight."

...
The doctor came in, ready with their release permits. The boys parted ways for now, but they promised tonight a spar (at least, that's how BBB justifies it. But a passing thought was that Fang wanted payback, to release his stress on him. BBB's never been one to listen to those thoughts though). 

Boi's determined to find out and fix this mess he made.

///

HOT DAMN this has been pushed back so far from its original deadline bc school has been WORK. This week is still part of that busy week, we get no break mayn-- 

The timeline in this story is a bit odd when I tried to match it with the current BBBGLXS2 timeline. I think so far, having this happen before the Gurlatan arc is a safe bet but y'all are free to think how ever y'all like. 

Anyway, personally not to satisfied with this chapter but let me know what y'all think. Also, don't mind some of the odd punctuation marks. I'm supposed to change that when I get my phone (which is only every weekend).

See you on the next update!