chapter 21

Omniscient POV

Without warning AJ kisses her taking everyone aback including the guards who watched on frightfully for what might happen next.

Syere pushes him away glaring harshly. "Hello to you too AJ."

He grins going to pull her closer however Anubis pulls her back. AJ paused finally noticing Anubis's presence who was already staring daggers at him.

"Uh excuse?" He questions rudely snatching Syeres arm and tugging her closer.

The guards stood aside shocked at the new soul's behavior and conflicted on whether or not they should interfere as Syere seemed to be acquainted with the ignorant soul.

Syere scowls deeply at him becoming annoyed. "Stop tugging me like I'm a fucking doll. Let go Aj."

"Tell him to let go, you're with me." Aj argues glaring attempting to pull her even closer however Anubis quickly stops him, snapping his hand back causing AJ to yell out.

"Bro what the fuck?" He stares at his hand that was now bent unnaturally.

"She said let go. Touch her again and I'll break something else." Anubis warns his golden eyes glowing fiercely.

"You both need to stop acting like we go together or something." She rolls her eyes.

Both men eyes snap to hers immediately.

"You're my girlfriend—"

"Fuck buddy." She corrects.

"You're my fiancé." Anubis clarifies with a disbelieving look.

"Temporarily." Syere replies with a tight smile.

"Hold on wtf did he just say? Fiancé?" Aj eyes dart between the two pissed.

Anubis smirks pulling her waist closer to his side. "Problem?" He kisses the side of Syere head which only makes her roll her eyes at his pettiness but there was a faint smile on her face from his affection.

Syere rolls her eyes at the two men's childishness shifting Anubis arms off of her.

"Aj why are you here?" She eyes him skeptically.

"Cuz I died obviously. Crashed my car while high." He shrugs as his hand cracks back into place. "What is this place anyways? And who's this fucker?" He points towards Anubis.

"This fucker is responsible for your soul dumbass so you should watch your mouth." Syere responds defensively. "And you're in the underworld." 

"So hell?" He raises a brow.

"Not the same thing." Anubis corrects however Aj immediately interrupts glancing at him briefly.

"I was talking to Syere." He points out.

Anubis goes to call the guards to take him away however Syere stops him.

"Uh Nubis don't you have work to go do?" She questions obviously trying to get him to leave.

Anubis relaxes at the nickname but doesn't break his gaze from Aj. "Mhm I do."

"Then why don't you go do that while I show Aj around then..?" She drifts off nervously knowing the longer Anubis remained around Aj the more violent he'll get.

And even though she didn't particularly cared if they fought or not, she had no desire to trigger that dark side of Anubis he keeps hidden away from her, not yet. She wasn't ready to face that side of him again.

"Fine." He agrees with a gruff which shocks the guards who looked on taken aback to see their king so easily controlled by a mere mortal.

Refusing to leave without sending a message to Aj, Anubis grabs Syeres throat gently pulling her closer into a kiss.

Syere groans kissing back weakly as she grabbed his shirt. She didn't fully understand why but something about Anubis made her desperate.

She wasn't sure if the desperateness came from him being the only person who could grant her wish or was it his eyes that captured her and read into her like she was a book.

It scared yet enticed her, like a moth to a flame.

He nips her lip which makes her groan quietly before pulling away from her with a satisfied smirk. AJ however looks on with a dissatisfied expression.

Despite the short yet very heated kiss, Syere was left panting softly craving more which could clearly be seen in her eyes. Anubis leans in closer his voice just above a whisper when he speaks.

"Don't look at me like that. You're not getting anymore than this till you stop trying to kill your self." He states sternly.

She doesn't react, her thoughts far as it raced from all the emotions she found herself experiencing at once.

Pulling away he kisses the top of her head softly. "Be good and don't do anything fucking stupid." He scolds.

"Lydia, monitor them until I assign someone to clean him up." He calls as he walks away.

"Yes sir." Lydia responds mysteriously appearing out of thin air.

Syere turns to Aj who appeared annoyed gnawing at his jaw in frustration.