Chapter one: hide and seek

Picture what I drew of Regulus's home ^^

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ Regulus Pov _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

I was thankful, because James didn't try to call me every day anymore. He had listened me, and that was good. I finally had time for myself, after all these years. I had thought about how I shouted to him. We both were crying. He had said he loves me, but I am not sure if it's true. Maybe he loves me as a friend? Yes, that's what it must be. How could a man like him love me?

We played hide and seek, and he was the seeker. Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily, Mary, Marlene, Dorcas and I were hiders. We played at James's house. I was hiding at somewhere upstairs, I didn't know the house very well. I heard steps coming, so I held my breath and ran into a closet. I thought it was a guest room, because the closet was empty.

I heard the door open and someone stepped inside. "Hmmm.... I heard someone here" I heard James talk to himself. I was finally happy that my childhood was how it was, because I had learned many useful skills, what I wouldn't learn in any other place. They inclued: not letting any sound outside, holding breath, hiding and others.

I peeked through the doors and saw, how James looked under the bed, behind the bookcase... literally everywhere expect, where I was. He started to come closer to my closet, and opened it. He grinned when he saw me. "Reggie!" He hugged me. "You were the last one. Everyone else are at downstairs. You were so silent I didn't even notice you! How did you do it?"

I hugged back, and kissed his lips softly. "One of the many skills I learned at home" I said. "You don't talk much about your home, Sirius dosen't eather. Why? What is it like there? Or family, how's your family?" He asked. Then I found myself telling him everything about our family and house. How they hurt us, how we were locked inside our own rooms, everything. He hugged me tightly. "I'm sorry Reg, I didn't know!"

"No worrys. They are dead now, and Sirius and I sold the house, too much bad memories" I smiled to him. He smiled back, and we walked hand in hand downstairs. No one else than Sirius noticed, that something was going on. But he didn't say anything. We talked and laughed together. Mr and Mrs Potter joined us soon. We talked about future. Mrs Potter brought us cookies, and milk. We ate and drank, happily.

I left after an hour, Sirius came after me. He took my hand and made me stop and look at him. "Now tell me, what is going on between you two?" he asked. "What do you mean?" I asked innocently. He hold my hand tighter, my eyes widened. He noticed and let my hand go. It reminded us of our parents. "I'm sorry Reg..." I nodded to him. "Are you... uhm... dating ...?" He asked. "It's none of your business, Sirius." I said. "Please" he begged. I sighed.

Sirius was gay himself (he and Remus were dating), so I thought that he wouldn't be mad, but I was wrong. He wasn't angry because I was gay, he was angry because I was dating his best friend. It was bad day for me after that, you see...

"WAIT WHAT?" Sirius shouted to me. No one else had ever shouted to me than our parents. I felt tears start to drop from my eyes. Sirius's eyes widened. "Reg I- I am sorry Regulus I didn't mean to shout. I-"

"YOU ARE JUST LIKE THEM!" I screamed. His face looked hurt, good. I turned around and ran to my tiny house. He tried to shout after me, but didn't run, what I was thankful for.

If I could chance it now, I wouldn't have said it. But he hurt me. At least he gave me space, and we got both over it. But we still haven't talked to each other. James wasn't there then. I went back a week in my mind. I had shouted to James after his wedding. He just left the girl just like me years ago. And the girl was pregnant! I thought that it was stupid to blame him, that he wasn't there when our parents hurt us. They had just died when James and I met, so of course he wasn't there. But it felt right at the moment,so I don't blame myself for making myself feel like I was the king of the situation.

Their wegging was at last Saturday. Now is Saturday again, but it's morning and not night. I was sitting at my place, eating breakfast. I liked my house very much. It was small, but I didn't have much stuff so it wasn't a problem. I had big bed. My kitchen had everything possible, but in small place. I didn't have a TV or a sofa, but I didn't care. I didn't have a bookcase, but I had books everywhere I just could make them fit.

As a breakfast I had an applejuice and an eggtoast. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed the moment, forgetting everything what was going on now and at the past. I cleared my mind from all the thoughts I had. It felt good. I breathed in, and out. Repeated few times. Then I counted to 60 seconds, and opened my eyes. I kept breathing, and looked around. I saw how sunshine made my home look beautiful. I continued eating, smiled when I got the good taste in my mouth. Everything was good at the moment.

Everything was going to be just fine, I would just think for days, and then I would talk with James, and then I would live happily for ever and always, go married and maybe have kids. Not just yet.

[words: 976]

I made happy ending for this chapter so this book wouldn't be so sad. I hope you liked it, and see you soon!

Well actually I don't know when is soon, because I am going to a trip tomorrow and I will be there for three days.

Anyway, good bye for now :)