Amber

After that brief phone call with Caterina, I had more than enough energy to finish the remaining paperwork. So much so, that I myself, was shocked at how quickly I was ready to pack up. A knock on my door made me look up, seeing a bewildered Gabby.

"Going somewhere?" she asks, strolling inside, I merely nod my head as I walked towards my mini drawers for a change of clothes.

"Yeah, have an appointment in a few hours." once I grabbed some black shirt, grey leggings and undergarments, I look back at Gabby.

"Why?"

"Well...it's only 2:38pm?" I raised my eyebrow in question.

"We still have a few working hours" she says with a tone that suggests that I should know this. But I just shrugged.

"I've already finished, so I'll be taking my leave." her eyes sparkled, smile splitting her face, it's almost creepy.

"Does that mean-"

"Have you finished your work pile Gabriella? Because I remember specifically on how there are numerous late papers stacked on top of it." and just like that, the puppy's joy vanished.

"No..." her voice low as her head tilts down, I roll my eyes.

"Leave by 3:30" her head shots up, beaming. Her arms raising as she walks briskly towards me, but I quickly grabbed my towel and headed inside my shower.

She banged on the bathroom door, yelling "let me love youuuu" I ignored it until the noises stopped, then quietly enjoyed a hot shower.

After I clocked out, I headed to this new coffee shop, wanting to try out whatever they had. As I was in que, I pulled out my phone and texted Cat.

"Be there in 20" as I was looking at the pastry selection, my phone dinged indicating a new text.

"Can't wait ;)" cheeky

After grabbing my order, I finally headed to her house. Parking around the curb then walked up to their door, knocking gently. The door opens and the first thing I saw was pitch black.

Huh?

A hand was covering my eyes, then I heard a soft voice in front me.

"She doesn't know you're here yet, she went to the bathroom." I gently pry off her hand, blinking a few times to adjust my vision.

"Then why cover my eyes?" she paused.

"Right...I don't know" she shrugs, laughing to herself. Weirdo.

"Anyway, I'll be leaving you two alone." she wiggles her eyebrows at the end "just go upstairs, we were watching a movie but I have to go. Tell her that for me, okay? Chiao!" she grabs her purse, then went out. Walking up the stairs, I can't help but feel how empty some parts of the house is. Shrugging it off, I walked in the room to find her laying on her stomach in front of her laptop.

" Where'd you went off to E? You've missed like twenty minutes of the movie." smirking, I gently place my bag on the floor and walked quietly towards her bed. I purposely placed the bag of food beside her as a distraction, her head turned I gently sat beside her, waiting for her to notice.

"Did you order this some-" she stops mid sentence.

"You should really be more aware of your surroundings." she huffs and gently slaps my knee.