Positive

"Gwen!" (Y/n) yelled as he entered their home. He pulled his mask off and threw it to the ground as he closed the window after him. "Valeria!"

"In your room!" Valeria Richards called back. (Y/n) quickly ran towards the room. He quickly entered only to see Valeria with her arms around Gwen as the girl looked at something in her hands. The cat was nowhere to be seen.

"Gwen?" (Y/n) asked softly as he sat beside her. She quickly hid whatever was in her hands. "You feeling okay?"

"I'm fine" Gwen did not sound fine. She sniffled as (y/n) watched a tear fall down her face.

"Gwen, honey, what's wrong? You're scaring me" Gwen slowly leaned her head on the boys shoulder as Valeria wiped her tears away with her finger.

"I-" Gwen sniffled again. "We're to young for this. I'm still in college. I don't-" she quickly burried her face in the boys shoulder. "My life is over"

(Y/n) looked down at the girl with a horrified expression. "What is it? Cancer? Diabetes? Something else?" He asked as he looked at Valeria. The girl just stood up and walked out of the room to give the two privacy. "Gwendolyn Hardy you're really scaring me. Whatever it is I'm sure there's a cure so just look at me and tell me what's wrong"

Gwen slowly unburied her face from the boys shoulder but couldn't bring herself to look up at him. "I- it's not something like that" Gwen shook her head as she looked down at her hands and whatever lay between them.

(Y/n) looked down at Gwen's hands and slowly moved his towards them. Gwen didn't try to stop him as he separated them to reveal the stick like object between them. "Is that?" Gwen nodded her head as she tried to hold in tears. (Y/n) picked up the test and looked at the result. "And that means positive?" Gwen nodded again more solemnly.

(Y/n) knew he shouldn't have smiled but he couldn't hold it back. "Hey, hey. It's alright" he quickly wrapped his arms around Gwen and pulled her closer. "Your life is not over Gwennie. Plenty of people have children while in college, and most of them aren't even married so we've got a head up on them" Gwen once again rested her head on the boys shoulder but didn't say anything for a while.

After a few minutes Gwen finally spoke again. "It's to soon. We just got married. I thought we'd have a couple years first" more tears fell from her eyes as she burried her face in her husbands shirt. "Im not ready to be a mom!"

(Y/n) rubbed Gwen's back as he let her cry. He had known that one day this day would come but not once had he expected Gwen to react like this. He always figured that she would be ecstatic to be a mother. "I-" (y/n) struggled to come up with the right words to say. "Gwen you would always have been the perfect mom, no matter if it had been in nine months or two years"

Gwen sniffed as she listened. She knew he was right, but that didn't make it any easier.

"Just because you're having a baby doesn't mean you'll have to leave college or abandon your career either" (y/n) took Gwen by the shoulder and pulled her back so she was looking at him.

"I'll- I'll need to be at home with the baby" she whispered as she tried to avoid looking into her husbands eyes.

"Only if you want too" (y/n) replied quickly. "I don't have a full time job. I can stay at home with it"

Gwen quickly met the boys eyes after that last statement. "R-really?" She asked as the tears stopped. "You'd do that?"

"Of course" (y/n) replied as he stroked her hair with his hand. "I love you and I want you to be as happy as you can be" Gwen's frown slowly turned into a smile. "And I'm not just saying that because the pregnancy is going to make your boobs bigger" Gwen giggled a bit at that last part before wiping her tears away.

Nobody spoke for another couple minutes. "I-I'm sorry I reacted like this" Gwen sniffed as she looked down at her stomach. "Of course I'll love the baby. I- I just didn't expect it to go like this. We've not even been married for more than a couple months yet"

"I know" (y/n) replied as he continued stroking her hair. "But this could be a blessing in disguise. In fact I'm sure it is. This baby will be the best baby in the history of babies" Gwen giggled again at that.

"You're right" Gwen nodded without looking up at him. "You're always right" she took the pregnancy test back from the boys hand. "I- I'm sure- I'm sure this'll be great" tears began to fall from her eyes once more as she quickly hugged her husband again. "I'm- I'm so sorry!" (Y/n) just pat her back as he held her. "I swear I'm excited!"

"I know you are sweetie" (y/n) replied as he kissed her forehead. "You're hormones are all out of wack aren't they?" He felt Gwen nodding vigorously against his chest. Of course that wasn't the only reason she was crying but he figured giving her an excuse may help her. "You're gonna be the best mother ever. I promise" (y/n) repeated those last words over and over as Gwen cried into his shirt.

After a couple minutes Gwen's crying stopped. (Y/n) held her in his arms until finally he heard her begin snoring. He slowly lay her back onto the bed, propping her head atop two pillows.

(Y/n) gently placed his hand on Gwen's stomach as he thought about the new life beginning within it. "It'll all be alright Gwennie"

Word count: 1002