ƈɦǟքȶɛʀ 8: ɮʟɛֆֆɨռɢ օʄ ǟȶɦɛռǟ

Leo steered lazily, as the wind did all the work, then popped the question everyone wanted to ask "Where beyond the archipelago? We've been float- I mean sailin' aimlessly for two days now!!"

"We started sailin' from day-before yesterday afternoon!" He added.

Percy just shrugged "I don't know where beyond what Archipelago- but somewhere beyond whatever Archipelago"

The crew stared at Percy, with deadpanned look. "Thanks a lot, Cap'n! That helped so much- you should go to Advice school as a teacher!" Leo said in a feint thankfulness.

Annabeth thought then said "We are in the Atlantic Ocean if I am not mistaken- "

"You could be" Percy muttered.

Annabeth shot a glare, and he leaned back, no bothered at all. "Anyways- before seaweed brain interrupted me- we could land on the first land we see....since fate is playing a huge role in this- the prophecy proves it. It wasn't elaborated....then it must be predestined...."

Jason thought about it and nodded "She might not be wrong"

"Key word: Might" Percy countered.

"I'd like to see you give any...Steady idea, Imbecile" Annabeth smiled sarcastically

"What is an imbecile?'

"Idiot, dunderhead, blockhead, nincompoop"

"Okay- stop! I get it- but I am not an....Imbecile mind you!"

Annabeth rolled her eyes. Piper looked from Annabeth and Percy fighting, and keeping her fangirling soul in. She of course knew they obviously loved each other- but those stupid legends- and their so-called destinies are keeping them apart- or that's what Piper thinks.

Hazel, meanwhile, was enjoying the show of Frank turning from a bird, to a fish to a lizard, to a swarm of bee to a bear to a – you get the point. Hazel just wanted see Frank change so fluidly- and frank agreed since he needed practice anyway. Usually The Grand Salute and Argo II aren't exactly bound to get friends- but for the sake of the quest and their captains, they tried, and it wasn't that hard.

Yet every time either Percy or Annabeth try to be nice to each other- they just go from "Hey you are looking good" "Thanks- wait- are you telling me that I don't look good every day?" "I mean...duh." And it starts – again...

Calypso and Leo were the awkward ones though- but once Annabeth did catch them making out- but that's a different story....and to keep the story child friendly.

Then there is Piper and Jason- the ones that don't talk- nor mingle of any kind. They kept their distance....so basically – Percy and Annabeth screaming their lungs out at each other; Hazel and Frank talking somewhat to each other- and keeping it simple like normal people; Calypso and Leo inseparable in ways; And Jason and Piper the i-don't-know-them-don't-talk-to-me one.

So, in summary the Rockin' hammer was floating aimlessly with so less developed relationships, and no news whatsoever.

°•°•°••°••°•°••••°••••°•°••°••°°°••••°•°•°•°°°°°•°••••°°•°••°•

Jason was looking through the eyeglass for a while now- hoping for nay- any land. He was getting crazy in this Vessel. With the captains shouting and fighting like there is no tomorrow – Leo and calypso making out in every corner – hazel and frank acting sweet to each other (Well- that didn't necessarily make him loose his head- but it did make him feel single) "LAND AHOY!" He suddenly screamed.

Leo peeped from yet another corner and had a huge smile on his face "Seriously?! FINALLY!" He run towards the steering wheel. And squinted. And there it was...The other looked ahead too. They saw an island. It was a bit small- but it was at least some land.

As the Rockin Hammer sailed towards the wished-for land, the sky turned dark and foggy.

Jason eyed the sky uneasily. "It looks like it's about to rain- meaning-"

"A Storm" Annabeth finished. "We'd better sail fast – yet careful- land also means shallow waters"

Leo saluted, as he gripped the steering wheel. The sail rippled against the wind. The sky now started getting moist, the air around them shifted darkly.

"Lift sails- let's sail fast!" Percy said.

"No- we need to keep careful- Our Vessel is big- the waters here could be shallow- it could damage the skull"

"If we don't make it there- there won't be a Vessel to be damaged off!" Percy argued.

"If we do make it there- we'd be trapped in that small island-"

"We could fix the boat easy- Leo is the best mechanic you could find- "

Piper interrupted them and spoke "Jason- you can control the wind right? Create a sort of safe air bubble, to protect from the harsh winds, and if you can- lift this ship in the air"

Jason thought for a while then said, "Good idea" He closed his eyes, and the air around them turned to a sudden silence of sound. And their Vessel lifted slowly into the air, the now turning rough waters splashed against the ship lightly. Percy leaned against the rail. Seeing the light distance between the water and the boat now.

Annabeth was surprised, but then smiled, breaking the silence "Nice work Pipes"

"Anything to not hear you two arguing" Piper spoke, folding her arms.

Annabeth gave a deadpanned look. Leo gaped at the now flying ship, before shaking off from his shock, and then asked. "Um...if there is no wind how to we sail- to the island?"

"Can't hold for long" Jason muttered. "This thing is sucking all my energy- I don't know why?"

Annabeth looked at the storm beyond their safe bubble "I had a feeling- but now...I guess it's true..."

"What?" Percy asked.

"This isn't a normal Storm- this storm....it is keeping us away from something" Annabeth glanced at the island unsurely.

"Even if you were right Annie- we'll need a break from the waters- we'd have to pass through this storm either way.....Fates guided us here" Hazel said.

"Maybe...but what if they created the storm to keep us away?" Annabeth asked.

Hazel looked at Annabeth in answer, and she knew what she meant. Annabeth's mother had said only she can do it- meaning her choice her decisions is what will decide this Quest. She stared at the Island, she saw the light peach sandy beach, the tall trees, densing behind into a forest. The Island seemed calm- but she felt a stab of feeling – a feeling of caution. Like the Island holds more than just trees.....but as she also felt the need to be there.

"A-Annabeth...You are glowing" Hazel said, wide-eyed.

"Blessing of Athena?" Piper asked in surprise.

Annabeth eyed the two, then her hands, and she saw a light fading glow. Annabeth knew her mother was sending a message...a Warning and an Advice.

Rest, regroup, comply....but Beware of what you see there. I leave a gift – it shall help you succeed in battle!!

(A/n: 1166 words – for once I am actually going in a pace- and proud of my work – XD Well have a great day Strangers!!!)

ʟɪɴᴀ ᴏᴜᴛ15.10.2022