ƈɦǟքȶɛʀ 11: ǟ ֆքʟǟֆɦ օʄ ɖʀɛǟʍֆ

Percy looked up at the dark ceiling of the ship. He was on a bunk bed with Jason sleeping peacefully above. He was still looking at the ceiling, and giving up going to sleep, he got up from the bed, and walked aimlessly above deck. He stared at the dark sky. Stars twinkling above, like the night they faced Medusa. He started to get angry at the thought of it. He leaned against the rails, and water sprayed at him, splashing against the non-moving vessel.

Percy stared at the Sea, a zone of happiness for him. A place where he remembers all his best memories. Him and his mother racing against each other. His mother attacking him with a sword so sudden, that Percy almost drowned her in defense. His mom wasn't angry but told him "Magic is not the solution to everything Percy...Remember that."

Once they had a picnic, on his 12th birthday when a huge monster – a sea devil attacked suddenly. Percy remembered the torn flying blue blanket, the cookies she made for him fly in the air, crumbling in the water, his mother taking a sword at the monster, shouting at Percy to run to Grover's house. But of course, Percy wouldn't agree, he started fighting with monster, using his tidal power and sword skills. But he was wounded badly, and he went unconscious. And when he woke up, he was in a camp...Camp Half-Blood....and he never saw his mom from then....

She sent letters, but being a son of Pirate God, was not safe outside, it was worse enough for normal pirate gods- but one of the most legendary? Too Dangerous to see her. But soon enough the moment he was 16 he was able to run away and gather a crew of his own in just 6 months – wait- was it his birthday today?

Ever since the quest, Percy has lost count – but if he was right- either it was today or tomorrow. He had hoped to find his mother, to meet her again. But she lived in the Caribbean...and he was way over here....wherever here was. They still haven't found any land since skull island- so supposedly they are still travelling through the Atlantic Ocean. It's been 5 days and still Atlantic- where they going the wrong way? Suddenly a fresh wave of water splashed his face, and he shook off from his thoughts, and saw a glitching image, of a handsome man. He had dark wet hair, dangling from a cap. He wore a beach shirt, and shorts, but his leg dissolved in the water as though he was smoke. He held a trident.

Percy locked eyes with the sea green shining eyes of the man. Knowing who he was, Percy growled, his anger increasing.

"Happy 17th Birthday Percy" The man said. He noticed Percy's angered face and slumped. "You....don't like birthdays?"

Percy glared at the man in front of him. The audacity to show up, after finding out he was a liar. The audacity of showing up after finding out he was a cheater. The audacity to wish him happy birthday when this was the day, he last saw his mother 5 years ago. When he found out he was just a mistake! When he found out, his life wouldn't be all this chaotic it could've been normal- and he would have never existed if Poseidon never found his mother!

With all these thoughts swirling in him, he could only muster "I thought you were dead?"

"Not exactly" He sighed.

"Oh- Really? My mother told me stories- my teacher did too- that you defeated the great Medusa, dying bravely in battle."

Poseidon stayed quiet, stunned "That's- That's what they said?"

"Don't act ignorant!" Percy growled. Then closed his eyes, not wanting to his father. "Is this a dream? Or are you really here?"

"It's a.....dream- and I am here" Percy heard a slight guilty tone. Percy asked, "And why are you here?"

"Couldn't a father wish his son a Happy birthday? You turn 17 only on-"

"The Real reason you are here" Percy emphasized; anger etched darkly in his voice.