Chapter 7

"Sang," Marc calls, grinning

I walk over to him, a little on edge with the amount of testosterone in the room. I count the heads and there are fourteen people here. This is their entire team. Surprisingly, there are enough seats for them all, and I slide down onto the rug near him, his hands resting on my shoulder. Raven and Corey are preoccupied with whispering to each other, although there eyes are still looking at me. Brandon is annoyed, probably at the fact that I'm still here, but I don't understand why he hates me so much.

"Hi," I say quietly, looking up at Marc.

The attention is making me nervous, and luckily it doesn't go unnoticed by him.

"Have you met everyone yet?" he asks, and I shake my head, my eyes falling on the only unfamiliar person.

"I'm Kota," the man I now know is Kota says, smiling. I return the smile and nod my head. I know everyone else, but this entire situation is awkward. I glance down at my lap, waiting for someone to say something. Anything really to break this tense silence.

"Are you excited to go shopping on Saturday?" Gabe asks, sitting opposite. I nod my head enthusiastically. I am so pleased he came to sit by me.

"Yes," I reply. "I've never been shopping before."

"What?" Gabe asks, his face portraying horror. "Don't worry. This will be the best trip ever. I've made a list of everything you need already, and I've got a plan of where we need to go."

"Thank you," I reply, listening as he starts outlining things. He's really prepared for this, which erases some of the guilt about him needing to drop his plans to take me.

Thankfully the rest of the room begin chatting, their focus not on me any longer. Maybe twenty minutes later, I move my legs, and every person glances over whilst maintaining their chats. It's scary, but also kind of... reassuring. My brain is complex.

"Watashi wa ima sugu ni iku hitsuyō ga aru [I need to go now]. Itsuka modotte akachan to asobimasen ka [will you come back and play with the babies sometime]?" Dr Green asks, looking at me. "Please?"

"Hai, machigainaku [yes definitely]. Kyō wa tanoshikatta [I had fun today]," I reply. "See you soon, Dr Green."

"Sean," he says, rolling his eyes before fixing Mr Blackbourne with a pointed glare. "This is all your fault."

"I'm sorry?" I ask, looking between them both. I don't understand the reprimand.

"My name is Sean," he replies, grinning at me. "See you later, pumpkin."

"What did he say to you?" Marc asks, tugging on my hair until I look at him. My cheeks heat up, as all I seem to do these days is blush.

"Something about visiting her baby," Victor says, glancing at me confused.