Chapter two: I meet a crazy person

As we drove to camp I thought of all the things I could be sacrificed to: volcanos, Indian tribes, and so on. As soon as we got to the camp I already wanted to be struck with Zeus's lightning bolt or something. I was still in the process of comprehending that Greek mythology is real. When we got to the camp I wanted aunt Rudy to come with me but she said to me "go my child. You must fulfill your purpose." she said it like she was never going to see me again which was 100% logical.

As soon as I walked in, to my surprise this weird random girl wrapped her arms around me and said: "HI NEW BESTIE I'M ARCHER, ARCHER ASPIN!!" she exclaimed, I stood there in shock. She had curly long blonde hair and excited hazel eyes. For a second I thought I was about to be a statue forever, with this crazy girl clinging to me like I was a lost puppy. She put her hand in my face. "HELLOOOO? MEDUSA STATUE?" her spit flung on my face. "Ewww ." I recited as if I was eating my grandma Carol's bean casserole. "Well you're grumpy" this archer girl said with a bit of an attitude. I pushed this weird girl away from me, ready to bring out my weird hair clip/sword, which I did. "WOAH CALM DOWN BESTIE BOO." Archer said in a kind of squeaky voice. "Don't touch me then." I told her with a stern look on my face. This weird girl who I should probably just call Archer, pouted. And when I said pouted, I meant it. The full puppy dog eyes and bottom lip jutting out. "NOOOO" she said, "HOW WILL I GIVE YOU MORE BFF HUGS!!!" I was having regrets. I should have just ran away as soon as she let go. "Okay." i started "so i'm assuming you're a erm- Demigod too?" I asked Archer "YEP! I AM!" she yelled excitedly "I'm the daughter of Hermes, Greek god of trade, wealth, fertility, animal husbandry, sleep, language, thieves, and travel." she said, actually sounding serious this time. All of a sudden I saw a symbol.. A very weird one, I had been claimed.

(WC: 375 words)