15| Roses

-

- Taehyung's pov -

"She blocked me", I whisper out in disbelief as I stare down at my phone's brightly lit screen.

"Huh?", Jimin turns his head from the TV remote he's fumbling with next to me.

We were just about to start another season Haikyu!! when I wanted to check in on Sueji. I haven't spoken to her for two weeks now and was starting to get worried. The only times I've seen her at school is when she's glued to Jungkook, so texting is my only option at this point. An option that was just taken away from me as the words "This user has blocked you" taunt me in bold letters.

"S-She blocked me", I repeat slightly louder, yet voice a lot shakier.

"Who?", Jimin still seems confused until he glances at my phone, "Oh... Sueji? She blocked you?"

"Yeah, I mean I know she hasn't wanted to talk to me, but... don't you think this is a bit much?", I continue staring at my screen with a furrowed brow, somehow hoping that chatbox will magically open back up again.

"Jungkook probably made her", the blonde mutters before letting out an exasperated sigh, "I just don't get it though."

"Don't get what?", I turn to look at him, waiting for some answer to all of this.

"Jungkook... I don't know, doesn't matter", he cuts himself off quickly with the shake of his head.

"But I mean-", I gnaw on my lower lip, but can't help continuing, "There's something wrong with their relationship. You see it too, right?"

"I don't know", Jimin's gaze lowers itself for some reason, the forgotten TV remote cradled in his hands.

"Have you seen the way they've been walking around lately? They're practically glued to each other. And yet, he makes her block me? Something's wrong with that", I start blathering on, trying desperately to make sense of it all.

"It's not really our business, Tae", the blonde merely murmurs next to me and it finally makes me stop and turn to him.

Jimin is usually so outspoken about how terrible he thinks Jungkook and Sueji and the rest of their friend group are, it's odd to see him so silent and unwilling to talk about it now. If I didn't know any better he almost seems... sad?

It's obviously a topic that's upsetting him at the moment though, so I quickly change it with a light-hearted suggestion, "Well, how about we make some more brownies together?"

Instead of returning my smile, Jimin just moves his head to look in the opposite direction before mumbling, "I'm not hungry."

My body tenses as I lean forward to catch a glimpse of his face, "Are you okay?"

"What?", he immediately snaps back in my direction with a much gentler expression, "I'm fine. Just not hungry, you know? Probably shouldn't be eating brownies all the time, right? Let's just watch some Haikyu!! now."

"...Okay", I'm somehow not convinced, but can't complain about continuing a series that will take my mind off a bunch of problems.

It seems as though everything goes back to normal as we're watching the show, a more playful atmosphere settling among us again. We're only about two episodes into the new season, however, when Jimin clears his throat to ask a question that has all of my other thoughts reeling to a stop.

"When can we hang out at your place, Tae? I'm so curious to see your bedroom", he says cheerfully, his mood having lightened up exceptionally.

"Um...", my voice squeaks involuntarily as I scratch the back of my head and avoid his expectant eyes, "Sometime, you know?"