3| Friends

-

- Taehyung's pov -

I make my way through the hallways of the large school building. I'm yet to get used to the place and have no idea where my next classes are. So far the high school seems like an acquired taste.

I haven't met any really nice people as of yet, most of the other students just stare and whisper about my appearance. I find it odd that having blue hair is such a big deal. It's just a color. The people at my old school were much different, everyone had crazy hair colors and fashion styles there. Maybe it's because that school's closer to Seoul, closer to the city where people are more open. Out here near the more conservative cities it makes sense that the students look at me weirdly.

Doesn't make it any less uncomfortable though.

The only person that led an actual conversation with me until now was the girl from my art class. The pretty girl that sits behind me. Maybe she'll be my first friend at this school, us doing the assignment together and all. Just thinking about it makes my breath quicken.

I'm so lost in thoughts and daydreams at that point that I'm completely unaware of my surroundings. I run head-on into a hard surface that has me stumbling back, barely catching my balance so I won't hit the floor. What I ran into- or rather who- is not as lucky as me and slams down heavily on the hallway tile.

"What the hell!", the furious voice comes from a surprisingly small blonde boy now sprawled on the floor.

"Oh my gosh- I'm so sorry!", I immediately rush forward to help him up, but his piercing eyes take one glance at my hand and slap it away.

He dusts his skinny jeans off as he gets to his feet and starts picking up the books he's dropped while I just stand there frozen in embarrassment. I'm not sure how I can salvage this situation, but I hate confrontation and I hate people not liking me.

That's when his glare rests upon me again and his eyes narrow a little more.

"Wait a minute...", taking a step closer, his expression seems to soften, "You're the new kid, right?"

"Um... I guess that's what people call me", I nervously gnaw on my bottom lip.

"I like your hair", he says to my surprise. There's no hint of sarcasm in his voice and his dark eyes seem genuine.

"T-thank you", I blink at him, suddenly shy.

"But you should probably dye it back to black or brown or whatever", he averts his gaze and sighs.

"H-huh? What? Why?", I knit my eyebrows together.

"It's your first week here so maybe you haven't noticed, but people here are serious douchebags", he mutters, "They might start calling you fag or something."

"But why would they...", I'm appalled by such a word and surprised that this school's homophobic. I thought people were past that.

"Your hair's blonde", I then remark, realizing he seems to be the only one around like that.

"Exactly", he huffs and turns around, starting off down the hallway.

This is my chance.

"W-wait!", I call, clutching the handles of my backpack tighter as I hurry after him.

"What?", he glances at me, but keeps moving.

"What's your name?", I ask while easily keeping up with him as his legs are shorter than mine.

"Jimin", he merely replies.

"I'm Taehyung", I speak excitedly, the opportunity of making a friend enticing me, "You can call me Tae or whatever you want. What's your next class?"