5| Drawings

-

- Taehyung's pov -

I follow Sue up the main staircase and into a room at the end of the hall. No one else seems to be home as she doesn't introduce me to anyone, but she shuts the door right after I step in behind her.

My gaze immediately glides over the furniture and decorations strewn across her bedroom. It's nothing too out of the ordinary, modern white furniture and a nice bed standing under a large window that lets a generous amount of sunlight flood in. Books and notebooks for school, the occasional sweater and a bit of laundry lay about, reminding me of my own room back home. Sueji has decorated hers with pictures upon pictures of her friends as well, some hanging on a pin board above her desk and others in frames spread across her walls.

Taking a closer look at them while Sue drops down onto her bed, I notice that Jungkook is in most of them. From the looks of it they've been close to each other for years and most of their pictures are of them smiling and having a great time along with their other friends. I can feel the melancholic smile spreading across my lips as I'm reminded of what school was once like.

"Sorry I didn't really clean up", Sue finally sighs.

"That's totally fine, your room is definitely cleaner than mine", I grin back at her.

"Well I'm not the only one who makes a mess here", she tries to explain herself while picking a black hoodie up off the floor and waving it in the air, "Kook leaves his stuff everywhere."

My lips form a tight smile as I fiddle with my bracelets, unsure where to sit or what to do.

"You can take your bag off, Blue", she gestures to my backpack, which still hangs neatly over both my shoulders.

As I do so, she pats the space next to her on the bed for me to sit and I follow hesitantly, seating myself with my hands placed nervously in my lap.

"You can call me Tae", I tell her then.

"Okay", she nods slowly, seemingly thinking about something, "Are you nervous, Tae?"

I gulp, wishing I wasn't so awkward around new people. Or maybe it's just new pretty girls, because I have no problem talking to Jimin.

"I, um...", I don't know how to respond to that.

"Look, regardless of what your friend was telling you, I'm really not 'out to get you' or something", she gnaws on her bottom lip as she speaks, "So please don't be nervous around me. I want us to get along."

My cheeks heat up a little in embarrassment, thinking about whether she had overheard my conversation with Jimin in front of school or not. But I shake myself out of the state as my need to be likable kicks in.

"I want us to get along too", I say to her honestly and a lot more self-assured than I was before.

"Great", she smiles and my stomach does a weird thing, "So... About this assignment... I actually have no idea what we're supposed to do."

"Well...", I reach down to pull my sketchbook and textbook out of my bag. Flipping them open on her bed between us, I get to the page with the assignment. "Create an image that expresses a feeling or event related to human rights, completed with pen and ink using repeated words to render values. The social situation can be a global condition or one in your immediate environment... That's what it says..."

"Wow", she sighs, seemingly overwhelmed as she stares at the new sketchbook in her hands, "I guess we're going to be here all night... I hope you're okay with that?"