2| Blue

-

The following day I walk into my art class as bored as ever. It's the first class of the day and maybe if it weren't so damn early I would actually enjoy it. But as usual, I trudge over to my desk at the back of the room near the windows and slouch down in my chair. Pulling the hood of my black hoodie over my head and tugging on the drawstrings, I'm ready to take a nap right then and there.

Jungkook would tell me to take the hood off, so I can show my nice face, but right now nothing about me feels nice and I'm glad I'm the only one of our friend group in this class.

My eyelids are drifting close by the time the teacher waltzes in all chipper and eager to lecture. The only thing that catches my eyes in the sea of monotony is the color bright blue.

I snap myself awake again to figure out what that color belongs to and I quickly realize it belongs to a person. A person who steps tentatively into the classroom, his hands playing nervously with the bracelets around his wrists. His lean figure is swallowed by the soft navy sweater he's wearing and his baggy pants reach down to his sneakers that shuffle along the floor with untied shoelaces. I can see the way his backpack sits neatly on his shoulders when he turns to speak with the teacher.

This must be who they were talking about.

"G-good morning", I can barely make out his voice over the other students chatting loudly with one another, "I'm Kim Taehyung, the new student. Yesterday was my first day and they had me skip out on the first few lessons so they could show me around..."

"Ah, yes, that's fine", the teacher smiles, probably being the only friendly one at our school, "Why don't you have a seat at one of the empty desks, Taehyung?"

"Thank you, sir", he gives a nod and turns to survey the classroom.

There aren't many empty seats left, even if it's the beginning of the semester. There's about three unoccupied desks in the room and I'm about to avert my attention when the new kid starts moving towards me. It's got to be just my luck that he has eyes for the seat in front of me. I can't really blame him though, sitting right by the window is far superior to any other spot in the classroom.

As he steps up to the desk, he gives me a hesitant glance before hurrying to sit down. It's then that I realize I must look ridiculous, with the drawstrings of my hoodie drawn tightly over my head. I quickly undo them and fix my long black hair after throwing my hood back.

"Good morning, everyone!", the teacher then greets us, "Before we start off, we have a new student in the class. Would you like to introduce yourself?"

All eyes are immediately on the blue-haired boy who's now shifting uncomfortably in his chair. It's not hard to tell who the new kid is.

"I-I'm Kim Taehyung", he stutters through his introduction, his eyes trying to avoid all the stares, "Nice to meet y-you."

"Nice to have you here", our teacher says friendly and redirects the attention back to himself, "Now, what I'd like to have you guys do is continue working on the sketchbook assignment. As you know it's due on Friday and I know none of you are going to finish it at home, so I'm giving you the opportunity to do so now."

The whole class groans despite the teacher's kind gesture, not keen on the fact of doing actual work during the lessons. In contrast however, I watch blue hair boy, also known as Taehyung, unpack his things from his backpack. His eyes are round in obedience as he carefully lays out his sketchbook, textbook and pencil case.

Eventually the others do the same and slowly get to work while speaking loudly to each other and causing a ruckus. Taehyung's reading through the assignment in his book and looks to be starting his work in his sketchbook when I hear him let out a small gasp.