Chapter 8

Authors note: Hey guys! I'm back! Life has been very busy and I'm so sorry I having been writing more. I hope you enjoy this. I honestly struggle to write happy little moments. I tend to only wanna write drama even though I know regular life moments are important too. So let me know what regular life things I can write about pls. I hope you enjoy and pls comment on what you like and don't like. -written 10/15/2022
—————————————————————————
Same time it was at the end of the last chapter:

Taylor was woken the next morning by the sunlight gleaming into her bedroom. She laid there and recalled last night. She couldn't hold her excitement in any longer and decided to get up and see who else was awake.

She didn't hear Karlie downstairs, so she figured she had gone for a run. She walked down the hall and peered into Jordyn's room to see if she was home. She knocked lightly on the slightly open door once she had seen that Jordyn was laying on her phone in bed. Taylor opened the door and walked in, sitting next to her daughter in bed.

"How come you didn't go on a run with Karlie?" Taylor questioned, knowing Jordyn loved to run, especially with Karlie, and that she had quit when Karlie had left.

"I wasn't up when she left. I only woke up like 30 minutes ago" Jordyn replied with a shrug. Taylor looked up at the clock and saw that it was about 10 o'clock.

"I know" Jordyn scoffed, "I'm up early" Jordyn joked as if reading her mother's mind. "But I start school in a couple days, and I'm gonna have to get up very early for it." Jordyn's phone dinged and she looked down at it. "It's Karlie. She wants to know why the hell you aren't answering your phone. And she also wants to know what you want from Kings." Jordyn gulped as she finished her sentence. Kings was her favorite breakfast place. They had the best cannoli waffles in the world. Karlie of course had known Jordyn loved the place, and that's why she was picking up food from there.

"Ok hold the thought on food" Taylor replied, snapping Jordyn out of her food hungry daze. Jordyn struggled with eating enough food, and her mother wasn't much better. They both would forget to eat until dinner sometimes. Karlie on the other hand was always eating, and reminding them to eat.

"So I have news..." Taylor announced, waiting till she had Jordyn's full attention. Jordyn's eyes were staring into Taylor souls within milliseconds, trying to figure out what Taylor's news was.

"Karlie asked me to be her girlfriend!" Taylor squealed. "Well I guess I kinda asked her. I'm not really sure. It was kinda like the middle of the night" Taylor says finally finishing her rambling

"Holy shit! That's amazing! You need to tell me all about-" and then Jordyn was cut off by the loud sound of her phone ringing. She looked over at her phone and started laughing at the caller. Without hesitation she picked up the phone

The second the FaceTime call connected, Jordyn's screen lit up with all sorts of delicious pastries and waffles. "You're psycho!" Jordyn laughed after a moment of staring at the mouthwatering food.

"And you need to answer your phone." Karlie laughed as she turned the FaceTime call back to her. "I'm here, trying to get my girlfriend" Karlie whispered the word, "and her, sometimes, amazing daughter breakfast, and you won't answer me!" Karlie huffed into the phone.

Taylor laughed as she turned the phone towards her. "Well your first problem may be that your calling us instead of your "girlfriend"."Taylor laughed as she scrunched her nose.

"Really funny" Karlie sarcastically retorted, before following up with a completely serious statement, "Good morning beautiful" Karlie whispered into the phone.

"Stop talking to yourself again." Taylor chuckled, trying to deflect the compliment. I guess it's true that some things never change. For good or for worse.