Dazed - Hyunjin

Heyyy, I haven't been around these parts in awhile. I decided to update this yay! I've seen how many people save it so I thought it was a good idea :)
There's also TONS of new stays! Hi there! I still can't wrap my head around how popular skz has become. I've been around since late 2018/early 2019 and I'm so proud of skz they're doing wonderful!!

Uhm since I've last updated, let's see, TWO YEARS ago, I have changed a lot and all that stuff. So much painful healing from trauma and such lol
I hope this chapter brightens your day <3!
(i haven't edited this lol sorry)
-

 So much painful healing from trauma and such lolI hope this chapter brightens your day <3!(i haven't edited this lol sorry)-

Hyunjin had been feeling a little off and fell asleep early that night to escape his slight nausea. He woke up repeatedly, tossing and turning to try and get comfortable. When he woke up again, right after after the run rose above the horizon, he decided to start his day. He didn't feel good, that's for sure, but he wasn't going to complain since they had the day off. He couldn't hinder his roommates.

It was easier to get away with things since the group divided into two apartments. Especially for Hyunjin, because the producing line was hardly there. Sure it got lonely, but sometimes he enjoyed being alone with his thoughts and creativity. Hyunjin climbed out of bed, his oversized white long sleeve hanging past his hips. A chill ran down his back and the air felt like Jisung had turned the ac on too high. He wrapped a big cat patterned blanket around himself and trudged to the kitchen.

It was clear he was the only one awake, or there. He wasn't sure. He was almost positive that he had heard Changbin walk into the bathroom door at one point. The image of that happening made him smile. Hyunjin poked around the cabinets for something to eat, but struggled to make a decision. He was hungry, but nothing they had was appealing enough to eat. Yet at the same time, he couldn't think of anything that would be appealing to eat.

"Ughh!" He groaned, rubbing his eyes and cheeks.

It was like had taken too much melatonin, even though he didn't take it. He was groggy and it was hard to put a coherent thought together. Instead of staring at food he didn't want, Hyunjin grabbed himself some water to sip on instead. It settled uncomfortably in his empty stomach.

"Why're you up?"

Hyunjin's head perked up at the voice. Apparently, he had definitely heard Changbin walk into a door last night. There he stood, bed head and all.

"Slept like shit all night. I couldn't fall back to sleep." He grumbled, moving past him to the living room.

Changbin followed him with his eyes and hummed. He knew how that felt and that a tired Hyunjin meant a grumpy Hyunjin. So, he went about his usual routine. Hyunjin slumped on the sofa with the tv remote in his hand. Except he forgot to turn it on and started spacing out instead. His joints ached periodically, throbbing painfully. His head was starting to hurt, too.

Changbin joined him with a bowl of plain cereal, nonchalantly snatching the remote from Hyunjin's hand. He barely flinched, but scowled before laying down. Changbin chuckled and turned a random show on that he couldn't care enough about to watch.

"Are you good?" Changbin asked ten minutes later.

"Yeah. Just peachy." Hyunjin mumbled, blinking blearily. Before Changbin could ask more questions, he dragged himself to his feet and retreated back to his room.

He spent awhile on his phone, joking on bubble and watching videos while bundled up in his bedding. The nagging pain in his head was easy enough to ignore, the more nauseous he got the drowsier he felt. He sighed, dropping his phone on his mattress. There was a chance he had a fever, but he didn't want to find out.

Hyunjin successfully snuck to the kitchen and back without being noticed with a couple pieces of bread. It was the only thing his stomach found acceptable enough to eat. With nothing else to do, he laid back in bed and ended up falling back to sleep.

-

"Are you going in today?" Jisung asked Chan.

"Eh, probably not? If inspiration strikes I can use my stuff here. I was thinking about just being lazy." The eldest replied, stretching and leaning deeper into the couch to emphasize his words.

"I think I'll do the same. Felix wants me to play genshin with him. My characters always die, it's so annoying and he has tons of special fancy stuff!"

They continued to talk for a little while, going back and forth about games and their mechanics. Changbin had left to workout and see some old friends and Hyunjin was still in his room. Chan had been the last one up and had been awake for quite some time, so it was strange he never caught a glimpse of him. Before he could think about it too long, Hyunjin suddenly appeared.

"Oh, hey." Jisung greeted.

"You okay?" Chan asked immediately.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine." Hyunjin lied quietly. His brain was muddled and foggy. Maybe it wasn't a a good idea to get up. Chan stood up when he saw Hyunjin start to sway a little bit. Hyunjin moved away from him and started walking away.

"I have laundry to do." He mumbled. It was true.

Ignoring Chan's obvious concern, he grabbed his dirty clothes and went to the washing machine. Luckily, it was empty. So, he tossed his things inside and shakily measured the detergent. He stared at the clear soap, watching a tiny bubble slowly rise to the surface. He didn't know, but Jisung was spying on him.

After pouring the detergent in, he closed the washing machine and messed around with the settings. He kept picking the wrong buttons and huffed at himself. Once he was sure he had gotten it right, it finally started. He stood there, dizzy and drained.

Footsteps caught his attention, making his eyes snap open. He didn't even realize he closed them. Chan smiled at him.

"Can I talk to you?" He asked. Hyunjin shrugged.

"I just want to know if you're actually okay. You seem very spacey and haven't painted or anything. I thought you would've by now."

"Oh. Yeah I'm fine, just sleepy." He grumbled, trying to keep himself upright.

"I don't think you are, Hyunjinnie." Chan said softly.

Damn it. Bang Chan and his spidey senses. It wasn't clear if it was the fever or built up emotion that caused him to tear up, but once he did he couldn't stop. His stoic face crumpled into a frown as tears rolled down his pale cheeks. He heard Chan say something and got pulled into a hug.

"It's alright, we all have off days. You feel kinda warm."

"Don't feel good." Hyunjin pouted, wiping away his tears on Chan's shoulder.

"I could tell. You seemed dazed and dizzy."

Hyunjin pulled away from the hug and nodded. Chan smiled sympathetically and led him back to his bedroom. After asking what Hyunjin's symptoms were he left to gather some medicine to help his headache and water for the dizziness. When he got back, Hyunjin was burrowed under his blankets like a hiding raccoon. He had to coax him into sitting up and taking the medicine, but once it was done Chan climbed into bed with him for a cuddle.

"Thank hyung." Hyunjin mumbled, letting his eyes close again.

"Don't sweat it. Do whatever your body is telling you to do."

"Mh. It's telling me to sleep..." He whispered with a giggle.

"Go ahead, sleeping it off is a good idea." Chan chuckled.