Anemic - Hyunjin

⚠️ includes needles
I could've gone very in depth with the needle descriptions cause I get blood drawn a lot, but I did my best to keep it vague and focus on the emotional part.

~

~

For the past couple of months, Hyunjin hadn't been feeling himself. He was almost always cold and continuously got lightheaded during dance practices. He thought that it could've been the change in weather, but everyone else seemed to be just fine. Besides, it was early spring, and the days were getting brighter, it's unlikely that it was the season.

Jisung, on multiple occasions, pointed out how pale Hyunjin looked. They all thought he was sick, even though he wasn't. It wasn't until a trip to the store that Hyunjin and Chan decided he needed to see a doctor.

The pair were browsing around the store, listening to the quiet music that played throughout the building, when Hyunjin nearly collapsed. He was looking at some peppers when his vision went spotty and his legs started tingling. Chan ended up having to hold him up until the spell passed. Then, they agreed that Hyunjin needed to see a professional.

~

Hyunjin laid on his bed, staring up at the bed above him. He was wrapped up like burrito and was dressed in sweats and a hoodie. Earlier that day, Chan made a phone call to the medical lab to set a quick appointment up for Hyunjin. The doctors gave him permission to get his blood drawn to check for Anemia and Thyroid disease. Unfortunately for Hyunjin, he was terrified of needles.

The thought of those little metal demons made shivers go down his spine. Ever since he was a kid he would sob through getting a shot and continue crying for an hour afterwards. But, shots were quick and over in seconds, getting blood drawn can take much longer.

knock knock knock

"Hyunjin, we need to start heading out." Chan said from behind the door.

"Noooo!" Hyunjin groaned, hiding deeper into his cocoon. Chan opened the door and walked over to the mound of blankets.

"C'mon, it won't take long. I can go with you if you'd like." He suggested, tussling the puff of hair that stuck out from the blankets.

Hyunjin audibly sighed and crawled out of his cave. When he stood up his vision was filled with black spots and he felt like he was swaying on a boat. Luckily, Chan was near by to help him get steady.

The pair left the dorm quietly, not drawing any attention from the two other people home. Chan knew that if Changbin, and or Jeongin noticed, they would have a lot of questions. Hyunjin was better off being left alone. The ride was short, but Hyunjins leg was bouncing the whole way there.

"Alright, let's head in." Chan said, unbuckling his seatbelt. Hyunjin didn't respond. He was too nervous and couldn't stop nibbling on his thumb pad.