Fever - Seungmin

~

~

The chilling tiles of the bathroom floor gave Seungmin's legs goosebumps. He didn't realize how intense the nausea he felt was, until he found himself too dizzy to stand. He was about to take a quick shower after practice, and knew that five other members still needed to clean up, but his body had other plans.

Throughout the entire day he felt completely fine and comfortable. He even did some extra dance practice with Minho. Maybe he ate too much at lunch, but he only had a quick snack. Seungmin was too caught up in his thoughts to notice the knocking on the door. When the noise did manage to make it through to his brain, he felt an awful sensation flow through his body.

"Seungmin-ah! We don't want to all shower together again, you've been in there for 15 minutes." An annoyed voice grumbled through the door. Seungmin groaned, struggling to understand through his growing fever.

With shaking hands, Seungmin wiped away the glistening layer of sweat from his forehead. His stomach gurgled around with vengeance and irritation. Seungmin puffed out his cheeks and slowly crawled over to the toilet. Weak and tired, he let out a pitiful whimper and laid down completely on the floor. Despite his shivers, the cold floor felt satisfying against his burning cheek.

"Seungmin!" Someone yelled.

The angry shout startled Seungmin in his state. He flinched and started tearing up. He was incredibly confused and caught in a thick sick fog. All he could comprehend was the growing nausea and feeling like he was about to vomit. The fast twist of the doorknob with a swing of a blurry door caught his fragile attention just as he burst into tears.

"Seungmin, we're all exhausted if you're not going to sh-" Hyunjin was ready to lecture his friend until he noticed he was on the floor, crying. "What happened?!"

Seungmin sobbed. The combination of being over tired, sick, and confused, sent him into a spiral of emotion. He still didn't understand why he got yelled at.

"Chan-hyung! Can you come here?" Hyunjin called, keeping his gaze on Seungmin. He wasn't quite sure how to handle the situation, but he knew he couldn't just leave Seungmin there.

"What's going on? Seungmin, why are you on the floor? That's just unsanitary." Minho said, walking past the scene. Hyunjin rolled his eyes and kneeled down next to Seungmin.

"Why are you upset? Did you get hurt?" Hyunjin asked softly, using a folded piece of toilet paper to dab away at Seungmin's tears.

Seungmin was about to answer when a sensation, similar to being smacked by a bat, intruded his stomach. With adrenaline as his only strength, he managed to lift himself off the tiles and held his head over the toilet. What came next shocked Hyunjins own squeamish side. Seungmin vomited with the force of a speeding train and coughed loudly. Chan arrived to the scene just in time, saving Hyunjin from losing his dinner.