IX

"Hey, look whose got their cast off," Harry smiles excitedly when Louis comes down the stairs.

"Yep, looks like I'm back to carrying my own stuff," I sigh.

"H, you weren't seriously babying him and carrying his stuff to and from school," Liam laughs.

"People are gonna think you two are dating," Niall adds.

"You didn't tell them yet?" I ask Harry.

"Oh shit, really?" Zayn asks, sounding a little pissed, if I'm completely honest.

"Babe, I thought you were," Harry asks me, somehow managing to suppress a smile.

"You're dating my little brother?" Zayn asks in shock. Me and Harry look at each other before we both die laughing, to which Zayn looks, possibly, even angrier than before. "I hate you both."

"The looks on your faces," I chuckle.

"C'mon Lou, we should go before this place turns into a crime scene," he jokes, also noticing Zayn's anger. We leave, but not before Zayn tells us to fuck ourselves, but we just continue grinning.

"That was gold," I say. "Way to play along, boyfriend."

"You know I'd do anything for you, boyfriend,"  he jokes back. "So, how does your arm feel?"

"Weird," I say. "I was hoping for it to heal back stronger, though."

"You're such a child," he rolls his eyes.

"Hey, I'm only two years younger than you, so watch your mouth, Styles," I warn. 

"What are you gonna do? Beat me up with your brand new super strength," he teases.

"Exactly," I grin, causing his eyes to widen and he begins running while I run after him. I chase him all the way to school, us both laughing until he trips on a rise in the sidewalk so all his book land everywhere and he lands with a groan. I help him up, but not after I spend five minutes laughing at him to the point where I'm in tears. Going into school, I realize I haven't smiled this much in a long time, so not even the awful words and names everyone says to me as I walk the halls can faze my good mood.