Act 4: You Were Right.

~3 weeks later~

Juliette has grown to love Hawkins over the last few weeks, her friendships have blossomed, she has gained some sense of popularity, and things are going quite smooth. Only one thing has brought her some troubles.. she has not spoken to Eddie since the night at the lake. She is unsure of their status.. friendship wise of course... but per usual, she sticks her head into a book and forgets the world around her exists.

ROMEO.

Gentle Mercutio, put thy rapier up.

MERCUTIO.
Come, sir, your passado.

[They fight.]

ROMEO.
Draw, Benvolio; beat down their weapons.
Gentlemen, for shame, forbear this outrage,
Tybalt, Mercutio, the Prince expressly hath
Forbid this bandying in Verona streets.
Hold, Tybalt! Good Mercutio!

[Exeunt Tybalt with his Partizans.]

MERCUTIO.
I am hurt.
A plague o' both your houses. I am sped.
Is he gone, and hath nothing?

BENVOLIO.
What, art thou hurt?

MERCUTIO.
Ay, ay, a scratch, a scratch. Marry, 'tis enough.
Where is my page? Go villain, fetch a surgeon.

[Exit Page.]

ROMEO.
Courage, man; the hurt cannot be much.

MERCUTIO.
No, 'tis not so deep as a well, nor so wide as a church door, but 'tis enough, 'twill serve. Ask for me tomorrow, and you shall find me a grave man. I am peppered, I warrant, for this world. A plague o' both your houses. Zounds, a dog, a rat, a mouse, a cat, to scratch a man to death. A braggart, a rogue, a villain, that fights by the book of arithmetic!—Why the devil came you between us? I was hurt under your arm.

ROMEO.
I thought all for the best.

MERCUTIO.
Help me into some house, Benvolio,
Or I shall faint. A plague o' both your houses.
They have made worms' meat of me.
I have it, and soundly too. Your houses!

"Juliette! Dinner is ready!" My mom yells from downstairs

"Be right there!" I yell back

Damn.. Mercutio died. I was really rooting for his and Romeos friendship, but I guess not all friendships are meant to prosper.

I make my way downstairs and the aroma of lasagna fills my nostrils.. I love lasagna, my mom knows its my favorite dish.

"Ready for dinner?" My step-dad asks

I nod yes as my mom serves our plates.. something is off.. my step-dad is being nice, my mom cooked a meal that didn't come from a freezer.. and she made my favorite meal.

"What's all this about?" I ask in suspicion

They both smile softly "We just wanted to tell you things have been going great in marriage counseling, things are looking brighter for us." My step-dad says

"You've been seeing a marriage counselor?"

"Yes honey, we thought we would keep it quiet until we knew it was effective for our situation."

I cut a piece of my lasagna and bring it to my mouth, suddenly it doesn't taste as good.

The rest of dinner feels completely awkward, the entire idea of marriage counseling just rubbed me the wrong way.