Act 6: Chrissy?

~Juliette~ (Thursday)

"Am I supposed to know what I'm gonna wear? I haven't even checked for a cute outfit."

Robin looks at me as though she wishes I was joking.. not quite sure how to interpret this stare..

"Juliette.. you always have to know what you're gonna wear. Crazy Girl."

"She's right Juliette, not knowing what you're gonna wear is just a bad omen for stress and none of that is needed." Nancy says as she walks up to Robin and I

"Okay okay I get it. I'll be more prepared next time." I say jokingly

Things had been weird. Jason asked me to the party a few days ago, Chrissy was completely M.I.A. . And Eddie had barely spoken to me since Monday. Was it my friendship with Jason? I knew there was tension between the two, but was it so bad that Eddie was going to distance himself?

"So you and Carver?" Nancy says poking at me

"Its not like that, we're just friends.. besides.. Chrissy would gut me if I got with Jason."

"So what? The bitch is crazy? She was super out of line with you, and practically used you to keep Jason from leaving her." Robin scolds

"Okay I know, but some part of me would still feel bad."

"You're too nice or at least nicer than me."

I laugh.. because we all know anyones nicer than Robin.

"Rockstar 3 o'clock."

I look and see Eddie coming up to me, he has a subtle smile and looks like he's in a pretty decent mood.

"Hey Juliette, Can I talk to you?" Robin and Nancy slide away quietly and give us some privacy to talk

"Yeah of course, what's up?"

"You going to that party tonight? I heard it's gonna be pretty fun."

"Yeah I am going, that's what the girls and I were just discussing."

He nods up and down and it seems like he wants to say something..

"So I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go with me?"

Oh no.. I thought he knew Jason had asked me. I hated telling people no.. but in cases like this.. honesty was the best policy.. I think.

"I'm really sorry Eddie, but I'm actually going with-." Before I can finish my sentence I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder.. I turn and see Jason.. oh god.

"Hey hun, what's going on here?" Jason says to me

Is he pretending to be my boyfriend right now??

"You guys.. are.. dating?" Eddie says gulping in between words

"What does it look like to you freak?"

Eddie stares at me stunned, and for some odd reason I'm also stunned into silence.. why aren't any words leaving my mouth?!

"Don't call me a freak." Eddie whispers angrily

"Or what? You gonna do something about it?" Jason pushes him

"What freak? Are you gonna do something or not?" Jason pushes him harder, this time into the locker

"Jason stop." I seethe

"No let the freak stand up for himself, he seemed pretty damn confident when he was bashing you in the cafeteria in front of everyone. Where'd all that confidence go freak ?"