s e v e n

I've been sitting here for ten minutes talking with Naomie and May

I've been sitting here for ten minutes talking with Naomie and May. Not talking about anything much, just talking and getting to know each other. Eventually, I excused myself to go see Colton and Cassie.

I walked up the stairs to see a little girl laughing and splashing around in the bath, and Colton smiling from ear to ear nealing over the bath playing with her.

"Hey" I say, walking into the bathroom, sitting on the floor next to Colton.

"Sloanie!" Cassie giggles excitedly, holding out a yellow rubber duck towards me.

I hear Colton laugh, his cheeks going slightly red

"Cassie!" I say with the same excitement that she had. I start playing with her and the rubber duck. "What did you say to her about me?" I ask Colton, smiling.

"Nothing" he replies quickly still red

"Hmm sure" I reply "How does she already have a nickname for me if she has only heard my name once then?"

"I don't know" he smirks "She must be a really smart little girl"

"Cassie, you are very smart" I tell her.

I notice Colton staring at me out the side of my eye, with nothing but happiness in his eyes.

"Alright Cassie, it's time to get out" he tells her

"Noooooo Colly" Cassie whines

"Cassie" he sends her a warning, brotherly glare.

He pulls the plug out of the bath letting the bubbly water drain. Picking her up and putting her into a tiny pink dressing gown. He puts Cassie onto the countertop opposite the bath letting her feet dangle off the edge only letting go of her to find her pink brush in a draw, only to brush her hair after.

Cassie had short black hair. Her cheeks were chubby like every other toddler and her skin was tanned from her genetics. Her eyes were the same as Coltons, and she had a stuffed pink bunny that she carried everywhere with her.

"So Sloane" Colton started, the way he said my name sounding oddly seductive.

"Yes?"

"What time are you gonna leave to head back to yours?"

"Soon probably"

I wanted nothing more than to go home and be alone. I had things to do today but I knew that my father would come back to my flat to find me.

"What's wrong?" he asks, still brushing her hair

Fuck. Why do I have to be so fucking readable?

"It's nothing" I say quickly, trying to shut down the convocation

"Sloane" he spoke my name in the same way that he said his sisters when she didn't want to get out of the bath.

I hesitated. Not wanting to burden Colton with more of my family shit. Even though I hadn't known him for more than 24 hours, I knew he wouldn't let it go. For fucks sake.