Chapter 17

AN: Hey guys I know it's been awhile, and this is only a little bit, but I hope I can have mroe up tomorrow. Thanks for all your patience and support.

    Chapter

Ty-

    "Here we are,"

    "Where is here?" Nikole questions her face nearly pressed against the window. I feel enamoured everytime I look at her. I'm completely losing my mind for her.

    Without answering her question I jump out of the car and open her door while pulling her out and lowering my head in mock play, "Miss," She giggles and places her palm against mine.

    "Good sir," she gets out of the car and her ever changing eyes meet mine with the same softness as her hand. I draw her hand to my lips and kiss the back of her hand not taking my eyes from hers, "Ty," my name sounds breathless on her lips.

    "Come on," I whisper tucking each of her fingers between mine and leading her into the woods. I've never been to the place I'm searching for but I can smell the trail of Mates who'd been here before us. We walk for a while longer with me stopping ever so often to  smell the air around us. I finally find our destination, and I hear her gasp. The landscape is as beutiful as we were all told it was. "Ty, where are we?"

    This is where all the males bring the females to teach them to shift, but I can't tell her that. I don't want to rush her even as I feel a stab of guilt at the betrayal. Me teaching her to shift would make the bond between us stronger, but in all fairness I needed all the help I could get. Her bond with her Wolf mate was so much stronger then the one we shared. "This is where you're going to learn to shift."

    "This way," I whisper above the noise of the river. I tug her over to the cave. "Change into this." I handed her a silken vanilla colored robe. "Make sure everything else is off." She nods her eyes wide. "You have to trust me, Nikki."

    She nods. "I trust you. I trust you, or else I wouldn't be here."

    "I'm going to go change over there." I say shrugging over to the far side of the small clearing. She nods and for a minute I see fear in her eyes, but it quickly disappears. "Niki, Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask quietly, afraid of the answer.

    "I'm sure. I want to do this. I promise." She whispers back and I see her determination shine through. "Go. I'll meet you here."

Nikole-

    My heart is pounding. I hear the blood pounding behind my ears. I remove my clothes and take my time folding them up. The air around me seems thin and Tony's face keeps appearing in my mind's eye. The pain of the heart break when he'd walked out on me the night he took my virginity. Could I actually go through with this? Was it fair for Ty? To be fighting for love that may never be as much as I know I could give.

    I swallowed my worries and walked out of the cave Ty was, obviously already waiting in the small clearing. When I met him in the middle I smiled up at him. ty narrows his eyes.

    "Nik, if you're having second thoughts then-"

    "No. I want to do this. I'm just scared." that statement was true. I was scared of the affection I could see growing in his eyes for me. The affection I was afraid of giving to another male. "Teach me to shift, Ty. I need this. I need to know myself. The whole me."

    His eyes darken, but he takes my hand and pulls me closer to him. "You realize that I'll have to distract you- from the pain. That's the reason I'm here. I'm here to do what ever is neccessary for you to ignore the pain."

    "What if I shifted without you?" Ty shrugs.

    "My shift.. your father says it was more painful then any purebreds."

    "So mine will hurt." He nods, "How did my father know that yours was worse?"

    He sighs obviously hoping I wouldn't ask this question. "The person who is with you. They feel it too."

    "So you'll feel my pain..." I thought of another question- of how to word it. "Did my.. father distract you?"

    "No," He laughs. "Uhm, Males have a mentor. A coach if you will. Your father was merely my teacher. A father-figure. The guys and even some girls prepare for their shift. eating better, excercising. Stuff like that. But mostly only the guys do. The girls depend more on the.. person they bring wih them."

    His voice. Something was off. It hit me. "Mates are supposed to do this together. Aren't they?" My question sounded more like an accusation- but it wasn't towards Ty. It was at Tony. Tony should have been here. Tony should have been with me. He was supposed to be the one to teach me everything. To be there for all of my firsts.

    "Nik.. We don't have to. Nik, please don't cry." I hadn't realized I was backing away from him, my chest heaving with broken sobs. I fell to my knees on the ground.

    "I hate him. I hate him." And I realized I wasn't alone. Ty was on the ground too. holding me to him. Burying his face in my hair, his cheek against mine. And then I felt the stinging pain that in letting Tony's rejection hurt me- it was hurting Ty. I cried harder into Ty's chest.

    "It's okay. Everything's going to be better Nikki. I won't let anyone hurt you again." his hands stroked my hair and rubbed my back gently. "Oh, Nikki.. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry."

    "I loved him. My whole life." I managed to stutter out. "All I had wanted was him.And instead of being an adult about the situation he-he-he-"

    "Shh, shh. I know. He made the mistake though, Nikki. He let you get away. He should have never pushed you away. He'll.." Ty took a deep breath, then exhaled slowly before finishing. "He'll come back for you sooner or later." I realized that Ty honestly thought that. Was honestly afraid of that.

    "No. He won't. You d-don't have to worry." I sniffled, finally settling against Ty's chest exausted from my crying.

    "I didn't tell you that to make you think I worry about the time he will come. I told you because it's true and because you need to hear it. He maybe stubborn, but I don't think an Alpha can afford to be completely brain damaged, Nik." I let one more tear fall, and that tear. It was all Ty's. Why couldn't I love him the way I loved Tony.

    "I love you, Ty." He laughs, breathlessly then shakes his head.

    "Don't say that. Not unless you mean it, baby. You could end up breaking my heart." He laughed again, but when I pulled back to see his face he held tight around me. "Just go to sleep, Nik. I promise to be here when you wake up. I won't leave you. Not until you tell me too."

    "Don't leave me, Ty. I can't- I can't. I need you."

    "Shh," He kisses my temple and I can feel him pulling away- retreating into himself. Another defense machanism he was no doubt taught. But in this situation. I couldn't follow him. Couldn't coax him back out.

    "Please. Ty. I-I just need time. Don't leave me, please." I felt the pain tightening my throat. He sighs and I hear the slight catch in his throat, before he sighs again and opens his mind to me completely. I met with colors bright and bold. But I find a thin gold thread- as if it's not thick enough to hold a single bead for a bracelet. I reach out to touch it, but before I can Ty pulls back.

    "See. I'm not going anywhere. Take a nap, baby. I promise that when you wake up I'll still be here."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: Okay so like I said. It was really short, but when I do post again I'll put it right under ^ line, so you'll all come to this same chapter and just read what is new!

Once again, I'm sorry for taking so long. And thank you everyone who responded to my message. My father and I had an argument and he doesn't want me to go down to AZ.

So I will be spending my summer in MI. Hopefully, my best friends, Skylar- some of you may know from my co-write "Skylight Academy"- and Mariah are planning to have our own crazy adventures. Only 38 more school days until Summer Vay-cay!

<3 You all!

Bella