Plan B

Song: All for Us by Labrinth

🔪

Everything happened so fast that it felt like it was a blur.

The doctors and nurses finally arrived along with the police. Without any protesting, I was getting taken to be put on a gurney. As they wheeled me away, my eyes was looking at Dewey's lifeless body until the elevator doors closed. The next thing I knew, I was lying in a hospital bed, and having surgery for my stab wounds. The ones in my abdomen and shoulder.

After all of that was over, I fell asleep sometime during the procedure. I didn't know how long I was passed out. When I woke up, I saw Gale Weathers and my mother sitting at the chairs, softly talking to one another until Mom noticed me being awake. She looks relieved and immediately got up to go to the left side of my bed.

"Mom?" I couldn't believe she was here. I didn't want her to be. It wasn't safe for her.

"I'm here, Josh." She kneeled down, so we could meet face to face. She took one of my hands and used her other to softly run her hand through my hair. It's very comforting. 

"But you shouldn't be," I argued, getting worried and concerned for her. "Did Kirby call you?"

"Yeah, she did. She wanted to come here-"

"You didn't let her, did you?" I quickly interrupted, worrying.

It's bad enough my mother was here, I definitely do not want my girlfriend here either. I've lost Judy, Wes, and Dewey. I didn't want to lose anyone else.

"No, I didn't," She answered, making me breathe out a sigh of relief. "You did really scare her on the phone. It took me a while to calm her down."

I felt like a shitty boyfriend for doing that to her. At the moment, I had to rush everything out to her at once. All of it was overwhelming.

"I have to call her back soon," Then I asked. "How is Dad and Haze and Laurie-"

"They're fine," She assured. "Dad is handling the girls on his own."

"That sounds like a handful for him." I slightly joked, but also meaning it. The girls would always have you on your feet, so they're definitely a two person job.

"I can count on him," She assured, smiling. "Lauren and Hazel are mostly Daddy girls anyway. They do miss their favorite big brother though."

"How's Dad doing?" 

"He's worried about us and wanted to come with, but I just wanted him to stay at home with the girls. They need him the most right now like I need you. How are you feeling?"

"It hurts, but it's not that bad like it looks." I lied, but it did sound convincing enough.

"Josh..." Mom gave me a look. She had that mother superpower where she could see right through my lie.

"What?" I asked innocently then we chuckled. "After all of this is over with, I'm going to come back home. I don't want my sisters to go through what we did."

"Neither do I," Mom gave me a look as if she felt bad for me. "I didn't want you to go through this again."

"Well, I am a Loomis too, so I don't think me and Sam can ever escape from this."

"Who's Sam?"

"Samantha Carpenter is Billy Loomis's illegitimate daughter," I answered, surprising her. "I guess father of the year cheated on you with some other girl and got her knocked up."

"That's not very shocking." She muttered.

"It's not?" Gale asked incredulously, still sitting on her chair. To be honest, I forgot she was in this room with us.